View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Looking for a Bellett in Japan 

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Sad news Glenn. We all know it will happen one day, but never want the day to come. The loss of my own Dad was pretty hard. That was almost 9 years ago, and the mind still jumps to memories suddenly - Thankfully lots of happy ones there.
My condolences.

To the Bellett news, I hope your search bears fruit. And such nice fruit. Unique in Aus sounds pretty alright.
Good luck there.
Looking forward to those Nats!................

Cheers mate,
Matt.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Thanks for the kind words, Matt. It's never easy I know. My Dad was 93yo so you do expect these things. It was fairly sudden and he died peacefully so thats' a relief for us.

The 'Sport' should be fun. Just hope there are no last minute hiccups with it. Will take some time though to get here and precious little time to do much on it before Nats. Bugger.
Comes with a load of spares too, some new. Some not so new like these calipers !

I just stopped by the auto rubber shop which is close to work, to see what thay have. Blow me down, the guy said they had 3 people in last week getting Bellett stuff ! The Nats are spurring people on which is great.
The guy who owns the shop recalls riding in one too, a GT.

glenn

Attachments:
DSCF1881.JPG
DSCF1881.JPG [ 173.79 KiB | Viewed 20130 times ]

Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:40 am
Profile WWW

sorry to here bout your dad there Glenn.
:cry:
It's good to see bellett progress happening :D with this little delight heading to aus 8-) and the ones here being loved also 8-)
I think it's Lewis's fault for raising the bar :shock: I have to send my carbs to the gold plater's then have the diamond studs fitted :idea: NOW

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
LOL, yes the bar has been raised so much i doubt i can catch up !

My 'Sport' won't be restored as such. Just enough to have it roadworthy and presentable at this stage i think.
The car actually comes with a lot of new parts in boxes so at least i can fit those parts. Front end rubbers, 1/4 vent rubbers and such like.
:D :D
glenn

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
im so happy for you glenn we wait we win good onyou and a rare one right here under our noses ...well maybee your nose how about a storey and pics ... cheers davo

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:58 am

I was originaly looking for a sport and found several of them But some dealers won't ship overseas, as we know.
A few months ago I found this one, but it came to nothing because it's not "mobile". After then chasing other Sports, with no better luck, this same one came up again two weeks ago. I actually put it on here before. You might recall it came with a "spare" car, another sport.
Jason (Skyline) and his contacts did a lot of behind the scenes work finding out more and we put in a bid. There are a LOT of new and old spares with the car. Like doors, many bumpers and the like. Without Jason's help that would be a huge problem!! Both cars and all the bits are coming in a container once import approval Etc happens.
Well that's the plan, if all goes well.
The second car is not complete but does have some parts like the proper steering wheel which main car does not have. It's hard to judge exactly but I think it's a re-buildable project also. It's essentially all there except twin carbs and interior. All Sport gauges and the like are there. Maybe I can have twin cars?

Main car appears solid but won't know that until it's here. It appears the owner must have wrecked several Bellett's in the past. There are items like GT consoles which suggest he wrecked GT's also.

Glenn

Attachments:
File comment: check these rubber goodies
DSCF1905.JPG
DSCF1905.JPG [ 193.31 KiB | Viewed 20094 times ]
DSCF1895.JPG
DSCF1895.JPG [ 163.54 KiB | Viewed 20094 times ]

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 am
Profile WWW

inside the 'spare' Sport. Not sure but this might be a '71 by the seats ?

Even has keys !

Attachments:
spare inside.JPG
spare inside.JPG [ 184.47 KiB | Viewed 20091 times ]

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 am
Profile WWW

Are you bringing over a 40 footer :?:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:06 am

they are coming in a 40 footer but i don't think I am filling it !
If I am, I am in BIG trouble here ..........

Jason is organising transport etc

glenn

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Hi Glen, sorry to here of you fathers passing.
Is the car 1600 or 1800? those new tailight surrounds would be great to have. They are chromed plastic, cost me $132 each to have mine rechromed, and they stuffed up the bolts to hold them in by not protecting them before they were done. :x :x
Cheers Geoff

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:55 am

Hey Jason what's a cubic metre of container worth :?: if available :?: or a boot load :lol:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks, Geoff,

It should be an 1800 for the main car. Uncertain of the other one but i guess 1800 also. Both SOHC..

there are also new lenses but for some reason only 3 of each in pix i have. Hopefully four. Also brand new grille but appears only one side which is strange too.
I guess the tail light surrounds are chromed plastic ? $132 seems a lot to chrome them. Some cars seem to have matt black? surrounds.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
that is great news some more unusual belletts about to hit australia! congrats on the purchase and the parts to go with it all Wow! cant wait to see them!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:27 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
:D Great to here you've found something to kill the addiction,to Belletts that is ;)
A boot full of parts always a bonus,hav been told of one of these Sport Sed down
Port Mc,but never seen myself,good luck,look forward to hear and see more,Gerry

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Car(s): Too bloody many!!!!
Glenn wrote:
I was originaly looking for a sport and found several of them But some dealers won't ship overseas, as we know.
A few months ago I found this one, but it came to nothing because it's not "mobile". After then chasing other Sports, with no better luck, this same one came up again two weeks ago. I actually put it on here before. You might recall it came with a "spare" car, another sport.
Jason (Skyline) and his contacts did a lot of behind the scenes work finding out more and we put in a bid. There are a LOT of new and old spares with the car. Like doors, many bumpers and the like. Without Jason's help that would be a huge problem!! Both cars and all the bits are coming in a container once import approval Etc happens.
Well that's the plan, if all goes well.
The second car is not complete but does have some parts like the proper steering wheel which main car does not have. It's hard to judge exactly but I think it's a re-buildable project also. It's essentially all there except twin carbs and interior. All Sport gauges and the like are there. Maybe I can have twin cars?

Main car appears solid but won't know that until it's here. It appears the owner must have wrecked several Bellett's in the past. There are items like GT consoles which suggest he wrecked GT's also.

Glenn

Glad we were abe to help out and get the cars at a good price ;) Must admit though, this seller is apparently a bugger to deal with apparently - although he did come through with the goods with the extra photos...

A decent amount of parts with the package as well as Glenn mentioned....

Buying non-runners or resto projects is often very difficult in Japan and even harder to do so from Australia. Typical local importers/brokers don't often 'go there' unless it is a modern half-cut such as a new Skyline GT-R half-cut...

All in all was worth the effort - Glenn was getting pretty excited when ha made the decision to go for the car. This soon turned to nervousness on Sunday with the car ending that night :lol: But he played it cool in the end 8-). Hopefully bought a smile to your face, Glenn - after a gloomy week.

Now for the waiting game unfortunately!!!!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Glenn wrote:
they are coming in a 40 footer but i don't think I am filling it !
If I am, I am in BIG trouble here ..........

Jason is organising transport etc

glenn

Nope - you are not filling it! There will be some other goodies in there!!!

gt orphanage wrote:
Hey Jason what's a cubic metre of container worth :?: if available :?: or a boot load :lol:

How nice - You wanna save Glenn some shipping costs and take some space??? Geez you Bellett peoples are kind to each other!!!! :lol:

If you are asking seriously pm me and i'll see what i can do for you!!

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

GerryBellettGT wrote:
:D Great to here you've found something to kill the addiction,to Belletts that is ;)
A boot full of parts always a bonus,hav been told of one of these Sport Sed down
Port Mc,but never seen myself,good luck,look forward to hear and see more,Gerry

Fair bit more than a boot load though :o

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 pm

yes, i was getting pretty excited and then nervous as the last few minutes of the auction countdown got closer !

Would have had no hope though without Jason and his teams work.

Now the wait, to see exactly what I bought !

glenn

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

The question was/is serious. We have been buying parts out of japan 1 item at a time and it's not cheap. I would need to look at yahoo and see what is out there.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Just drop me a pm when/if required and i'll see what i can do!

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next