View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
WANTED, Bellett TOW BAR 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Tow bar wanted for my Sport. My Sport has deeper fuel tank (46L ) and I am unsure if this is an issue as the tank sits lower.. Hopefully not.

prefer in Victoria. Fair price paid .

Failing that, some good pictures of one would suffice, with some basic measurements.

glenn

Mon May 20, 2013 5:07 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi glenn I have one its in the boot of my car at the moment its going to go on the car soon the car is at the auto elec will be back Thursday ?/ I can take some good shots and send to you unless someone gets one for you in the meantime cheers davo

Mon May 20, 2013 6:19 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
BULLITT wrote:
hi glenn I have one its in the boot of my car at the moment its going to go on the car soon the car is at the auto elec will be back Thursday ?/ I can take some good shots and send to you unless someone gets one for you in the meantime cheers davo

Thanks.
I think I might have one. Two of the BCCV members have offered me one. One's a bit far away (Gricey) but the other close by. Will check it out next week. I have a trailer, but no tow car now, so the Bellett will do for the very few times i need to tow a 6x4. At the very least, it will help me use the Sport a bit more ! :)

Also wanted is a good rear parcel shelf for the Sport. The one in the car has HUGE holes in where they butchered it for speakers. Speakers now removed but holes remain :(

Its identical to a normal sedan one.

Glenn

Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
mate I have my car back if you want pics just say and I will email them also stickman has a spare rear speaker parcel unit I know cause it went with my spare car cheers davo

Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Hi Glenn.

The majority of parcel shelves are brittle from the heat. I'm working on the idea of manufacturing a board similar
to a GT with speaker. It won't be the same angle but will be sufficient to hide my "tatty" looking shelf. Cover it with some vinyl with imitation lines stitched and finish the front edge off with some windlace. The speaker cover is one I got out of a wreck. Give that a thought if your not successfull in getting a good shelf.

Dave.

Sat May 25, 2013 11:42 am

Car(s): 1967 Isuzu Bellett
Hi, I was going to delete the tow bar on my '67 sedan. It's chrome and in nice condition.
If you want it let me know, otherwise it will just remain as-is or end up in the shed rafters.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:38 am

ledmeter wrote:
Hi, I was going to delete the tow bar on my '67 sedan. It's chrome and in nice condition.
If you want it let me know, otherwise it will just remain as-is or end up in the shed rafters.

That would be nice but I already have one thanks. Appreciate the offer though.

Two BCCV members offered me one and the nearest was from Craig so I picked it up. Thanks also to Gricey but a bit far away.
Will have to rub down and paint but should do the job. Never had a bar on a Bellett before and it appears that longer rear bumper bolts will be needed, plus bolts the forward section.

glenn

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:54 pm
Profile WWW

CQGT wrote:
Hi Glenn.

The majority of parcel shelves are brittle from the heat. I'm working on the idea of manufacturing a board similar
to a GT with speaker. It won't be the same angle but will be sufficient to hide my "tatty" looking shelf. Cover it with some vinyl with imitation lines stitched and finish the front edge off with some windlace. The speaker cover is one I got out of a wreck. Give that a thought if your not successfull in getting a good shelf.

Dave.

I want it original though so fitting a flat board would not be 'right'. Sedans have a low section in them. I pulled one out of the spare Sport and it's better but still has a lot of holes (small though) in it but better than the one it has now.

glenn

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
If I had a car that there was only 2 in OZ I would try to be as original as possible. And I don't blame you for not trying.
I only suggested the alternative as I have the same problem. For the 3 that I have, there is only 1 that is 'reasonable'.
And it's not really the best. My original had only the 4 retaining screws. The 2 outer ones. No centre bracket for the shelf.
Must have been a change at some time in production.
Can't wait too see it in the flesh.

Dave.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:21 pm

at this stage the spare shelf will have to do i guess. The previous owner cut the heck out of the metal under it to fit huge speakers. At least another shelf covers that over.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]