View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
wanted parts for bellett Door check strap and upper right 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Needed for my 1972 Sport to get to Albury, wanted:-

Upper right front wishbone as mine has a severely chopped out bush I don't want to risk on a long trip. Late model needed as they are different ball joint mounts i believe to earlier model. Or info on a suitable replacement bush.

RH door check strap (metal) Since my GT has the longer GT doors and i think the strap is different, need a GT one or advice if they are same. Mine is busted. Its the bracket with two mounting holes that fasten to the A pillar and the other end hooks around a pin in the door, to stop it opening too far.

Glenn

(VIC)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:02 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hey there Glenn, I reckon I have wishbones off the car, but the latest would be '67 ones. The rusty GT still has the straps I think, but I am in Sydney. I will have a look once I get homw.
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:56 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Hi Glenn.
My sedan and Gt parts book shows the change was made in '67 for the upper link. That's from chassis #4068769, if my list of id. numbers and dates are correct. The interchangability code is "c". Which means. 'New will do old. But old will not do new'. Matt may have one if he checks his chassis number.
The parts books also list the 4 door and 2 door sedan and GT are the same for the check link or strap. Unless there was a change after '67 as these are the dates of publication of the books. I'm not aware of any member of the forum or Bellett owners who possess a later publication. It would be good to know, as I would like to photocopy the pages for my collection.

Dave.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:41 pm
Im sure you'll get it sorted but if you strike out you can borrow whatever from the spare.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:56 pm
I was looking for some straps for Blackie when;

Thought I'd confuse the issue a little more

The two straps nearest the end with the bolts are definitely off the sport. Yes one is short the other is long. Not sure which side each came off. Anyway the other four are from spares lurking around the shed from Peter A.

Could be how much you want the door to open?? :?:

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 2.74 MiB | Viewed 9957 times ]
Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Gunna wrote:
I was looking for some straps for Blackie when;

Thought I'd confuse the issue a little more

The two straps nearest the end with the bolts are definitely off the sport. Yes one is short the other is long. Not sure which side each came off. Anyway the other four are from spares lurking around the shed from Peter A.

Could be how much you want the door to open?? :?:

Hi Dean
the length varies according to the door i believe GT or sedan. Just wh\y i am unsure. Maybe the pin location on a GT door is different....
can u spare one of the longer ones ?
these sometimes break (as mine is) over time. The hook end just snaps off. Could be why they vary, as replaced with a sedan type.
address on pm. Many thanks Dean.

glenn

Last edited by Glenn on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Sure. Send your postal on pm.

but why would there be two different lengths on the one sport? Weird.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]