View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
1965 Teardrop Parts Wanted 

Car(s): 1965 Bellett Sedan - 1966 Pontiac Parisienne - 1971 Lincoln Continental Town Car - VY SS Commodore
Hey Guys

I'm after a few parts to put my 1965 PR20 back on the road.
I need a fuel pump diaphragm or complete pump or rebuild kit, what ever is available.
I also need a master cylinder reservior cap as mine is really perished.
Lastly a set of rims so I can keep the original tyres on mine for the odd show, hopefully Mudgee Nationals.

I know these parts are pretty hard to find but any assistance would be appreciatted.

Thanks
Graham

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:00 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Hi Graham,
I don't know how bad your fuel pump may be, but mine is not strong enough to draw from the tank, but once it has fuel to it, it is ok. What I had to do was blow air through the tank to force the fuel to the pump. Once the fuel was there it runs ok.
With regards to the wheels you need, PM " farmer", he should be able to help you.
Regards Warren.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:19 am

Car(s): 1965 Bellett Sedan - 1966 Pontiac Parisienne - 1971 Lincoln Continental Town Car - VY SS Commodore
Thanks Warren

Fuel pump diaphram split so needs replacing or electric pump if I have to.
Have already sent PM to Farmer so fingers crossed

Graham

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:24 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
i have a brand new fuel pump in its box also a brand new diaphragm in the box I may ebay them to get a street price and be fair to everybody cheers davo

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
I've got your bits mate. Plenty of wheels, a few pump diaphrams,and there is bound to be a lid someplace. Might have to swap the top half of the resevoir to a Chev Luv one with the bigger cap.
Wheels are pretty dear to post I reckon, so if you want to collect them, I'm up near Yass.
:) Matt.

Last edited by Farmer on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:57 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
bambam72 wrote:
Thanks Warren

Fuel pump diaphram split so needs replacing or electric pump if I have to.
Have already sent PM to Farmer so fingers crossed

Graham

Didn't get that for some reason. No worries.
Matt.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks Farmer, That's Awesome. I'll send you a PM
I live a few hours away but I'm more than happy to make the trip

Graham

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey Farmer

Have sent a PM & email just incase one doesn't go through

Graham

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:28 am

What a great day! After a couple of messages, Graham and his family all came for a visit today. What a great bunch of people! A cold breeze greeted them, so we came inside and enjoyed great home made cake and cookies they brought for morning tea.
We had fun fishing for spares in the shed, getting a set of wheels off a car, and touring around my foundlings. Poor Graham, I reckon I just about talked his ears off! But he hadn't seen a Florian before, or a Wasp either I don't think, so there was plenty to talk about.
Graham also brought photos of his other classics, beautiful cars and a real size contrast to his Bellett. We had a Perry with lunch that he also brought, so generous!
They are keen to bring the time capsule to the Nationals, so that will be fantastic. Such an original survivor of a car, and I reckon they will fit into the Bellett family really well, such a nice bunch.
Great day,
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I am itching to meeting and getting acquainted with this teardrop (and his passengers too of course)

I can hardly wait for this years Nationals
So much excitement :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks Farmer for the warm welcome, nice lunch, educational chat & of course the parts that I needed to get the old girl back on the road.
We are back from our icy few days on the road with a couple of nights in Canberra after we left you. I thought Rye Park was cold but the
ice on the car each morning in Canberra showed me what cold is.

I couldn't wait to check the boot of the car for the tool kit we discussed but I came up empty handed, I did find a pair of yellow wheel chocks
in the original Isuzu pouch hidden in there so that will have to do. I'll keep you posted on the progress although I don't get as much time as
I'd like at the moment. I am making arrangements for accommodation in Mudgee for the nationals & look forward to catching up with you guys
& seeing everyone elses toys up there also

Graham

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]