View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 am



Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
1966 Bellet Sedan Rear lights Wanted 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 2497
Location: Melb.
Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's. M/B A250 Sport, i30
Reply with quote
Bellett_EST wrote:
Brakes are still missing, the hydraulics guys couldn't help.

Rear lights I will get from finland.
Water bottle I suppose will be replaced with a tank from some other car. I think I will add an electric pump. Maybe later go back to original system.

Turn signals, wipers etc work for now.

Biggest challenges to go are:
1) Cleaning, protecting and covering the bottom
2) Building the muffler.
3) Gearbox oil needs to be changed.
4) The engine - I don't know what surprises it has for me. It doesn't start without adding some brake cleaner straight into carburettor. Previous owners have said that the engine smokes badly, I'll see about that. I suppose there are two main possibilities for smoking - piston rings or valve guides.


don't make the mistake of filling the gear box with gear box oil.......

_________________
'72 PR60 Sport


Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 am
Posts: 23
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Car(s): 1966 Bellett 1500 sedan
Reply with quote
Glenn wrote:
Bellett_EST wrote:
Brakes are still missing, the hydraulics guys couldn't help.

Rear lights I will get from finland.
Water bottle I suppose will be replaced with a tank from some other car. I think I will add an electric pump. Maybe later go back to original system.

Turn signals, wipers etc work for now.

Biggest challenges to go are:
1) Cleaning, protecting and covering the bottom
2) Building the muffler.
3) Gearbox oil needs to be changed.
4) The engine - I don't know what surprises it has for me. It doesn't start without adding some brake cleaner straight into carburettor. Previous owners have said that the engine smokes badly, I'll see about that. I suppose there are two main possibilities for smoking - piston rings or valve guides.


don't make the mistake of filling the gear box with gear box oil.......


I was about to make the mistake. What oil goes there then?

_________________
The only Bellett in Estonia


Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:35 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:03 pm
Posts: 2315
Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
Reply with quote
hi one of the club members came back and suggested you rekit and resleeve the front brakes to give it even braking as the car has sat around so long the pbr brakes in Australia the kit is k550s the cup is p5149 and the boot is p5150 a brake specialist d\should be able to cross reference my brake guy is brilliant on these his name is wayne at better brakes southport queensland same state as your mate in mackay email is wayne@betterbrakesqld.com.au he could kit yours however he may be able to send you the bits cheers dave his phone 0755710271


Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 2497
Location: Melb.
Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's. M/B A250 Sport, i30
Reply with quote
Bellett_EST wrote:
Glenn wrote:
Bellett_EST wrote:
Brakes are still missing, the hydraulics guys couldn't help.

Rear lights I will get from finland.
Water bottle I suppose will be replaced with a tank from some other car. I think I will add an electric pump. Maybe later go back to original system.

Turn signals, wipers etc work for now.

Biggest challenges to go are:
1) Cleaning, protecting and covering the bottom
2) Building the muffler.
3) Gearbox oil needs to be changed.
4) The engine - I don't know what surprises it has for me. It doesn't start without adding some brake cleaner straight into carburettor. Previous owners have said that the engine smokes badly, I'll see about that. I suppose there are two main possibilities for smoking - piston rings or valve guides.


don't make the mistake of filling the gear box with gear box oil.......





I was about to make the mistake. What oil goes there then?


Basically it's engine oil: see pic also from the manual. Most here use SAE30 I think.


Attachments:
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG [ 64.75 KiB | Viewed 118 times ]

_________________
'72 PR60 Sport
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am
Posts: 2407
Reply with quote
Use straight SAE30 oil in the gearbox. Don't use multigrade engine oil and definitely do not use gear oil.
4 stroke lawn motor engine oil is SAE30. Silly as it sounds, it's perfect for a Bellett gearbox.

_________________
And silence shall fall upon....
Unknown


Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
Posts: 2497
Location: Melb.
Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's. M/B A250 Sport, i30
Reply with quote
PR91 wrote:
Use straight SAE30 oil in the gearbox. Don't use multigrade engine oil and definitely do not use gear oil.
4 stroke lawn motor engine oil is SAE30. Silly as it sounds, it's perfect for a Bellett gearbox.


Its interesting that Isuzu don't specify what to use over 21.1C. Surely it gets hotter than that in Japan !!!

_________________
'72 PR60 Sport


Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:01 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.