View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Bellett Wolf Medallion, Florian Sheep Medallion, Yahoo Japan 

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Interesting listing:
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g116177291

Those are the same medallions pictured on the brochures. Apparently sold to owners by Isuzu as an accessory for the grille.

The Bellett medallion is described as "The Lone Wolf of Japan", alert and agile, never misses the game, under the crescent moon, looking ahead to the owl in the woods.
For the Florian, the "Sheep and the Sun" projects a sporty image of a gentleman's gentleman.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
So very Japanese, JT. :?
Cheers, Matt.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
they are cool, but the sheep one just makes me think of shaun the sheep, but then all sheep remind me of him! would love to rock that medallion on my florian!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:33 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
I have managed to find out a bit more about this.

These medallions appeared in a brochure. There is no date, but I am going to guess some time before Fall 1969, because the tiny little picture of the GT has round turn signals on the front.
The outside (front/back) has the two medallions shown over the cars. Left side, Bellett for type Sporty, the text in the wolf medallion says "Spirit of the Sporty People". Right side, Florian for type Gentle, the text in the sheep/ram medallion says "Spirit of the Gentle People".

The inside is printed long ways across the fold, poster style.
Two men in Roman tunics hold really large medallions, more like shields, with the wolf and sheep "coats of arms".
There is a short statement that this is a personality test to see which of the cars fits best.
There are 11 questions descending down the pyramid, move left if you answer one way, move right if you answer the other. Sort of like pachinko or the coin drop game where the coin falls through the nails that divert it to the left or right.
Questions range: On TV, do you watch sports or drama? On the radio, do you like the popular classical or popular pop music singer? Are you pro or anti mini-skirt?

Across the bottom, the range of eight cars, four Belletts and four Florians, your best matching car determined by your answers to the questions.
Belletts: 1600 GT, 1600 Sport, 1500 Deluxe, Special.
Florians: TS, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Automatic.

Attachments:
BellettFlorianMedallion1.jpg
BellettFlorianMedallion1.jpg [ 89.72 KiB | Viewed 7866 times ]
BellettFlorianMedallion2.jpg
BellettFlorianMedallion2.jpg [ 89.23 KiB | Viewed 7866 times ]
BellettFlorianMedallion3.jpg
BellettFlorianMedallion3.jpg [ 95.79 KiB | Viewed 7866 times ]
Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
So, whilst I'm very much pro-mini skirt, I look lousing IN one...which is the car for me? :?

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]