View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Bellett found at local junkyard, a pair of foglights found 

Car(s): 74 Alfa GTV, 65 Alfa Duetto, 67 Mercedes 250 S, 67 Mercedes 250 SL, Boring Prius, Boring VW Jetta
Hello -

I found a white 2 door Bellett at the local pick-a-part near where I live. it is fairly complete, and in poor condition. If there are any must-have parts, let me know and I will try to salvage them. I do not own a Bellett and know nothing about them, other than it is a very cute car.

In the trunk I found two foglights. The lens says HAKKOSHA CO at the bottom, otherwise they are unidentified. If someone can tell me what these foglights go to I would appreciate it.

The car is located in S. California.

thanks
Scott

Attachments:
BellettFoglights.jpg
BellettFoglights.jpg [ 136.1 KiB | Viewed 30321 times ]
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:22 am

Car(s): 67 BELLETT SEDAN. 66 AUTO SEDAN PARTS CAR.HAD GT NOW AT ORPHANAGE
hi scoot if these are genuine gt spotlights theyd go on my car (joking) im sure the gt owners will tell you if they are original gt ones also is this the 2 door white one which has allready appeared on the forum the guy wants $2000 plus for its a twin carbied 2 door 1300 m,otor by all accounts rhd ? regards davo

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:36 am

Car(s): 1968 Bellett 1300 2dr, 06 Scion XA ,05 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Turbo HO
Hi Scott
That car is one of eight that I know of in the states,in various condition - at last count there are three sedans (like yours or similar) four GT'S and one GT-R and they all more or less use some common parts .. I know I'm pushing that one guys .... :) most Belletts are outside the states as you probably already know ....
But to try to address your statement about the salvage parts ,the items I would be personally interested in would be the Radio and faceplate, steel rims, and dash components glove compartment and instruments,and the master cylinder ... PM me if you wish ....
There are a few bits and pieces that may be of interest to some folks out there ,obviously I dont know how far your going to go with your scapping effort.
Are you scrapping this out and taking it to the crusher? .... :?:
I hope some of the more experienced Bellett guys will comment here-but in general I would save any Bellett medals from the bonnet or (hood) and the Bellett logos from sides of the car (you can ebay these things)
all mirrors,glass,lights, these will have value to someone ....
Good luck to you , thanks for posting ...
Mark

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:32 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 74 Alfa GTV, 65 Alfa Duetto, 67 Mercedes 250 S, 67 Mercedes 250 SL, Boring Prius, Boring VW Jetta
Hello -
Regarding radio and faceplate - I think it's there. Don't know if it is original/correct but I can go back and look today.
Steel rims - you mean you want the wheels off of this car? I gues we better talk - the cost of the wheels is more my time than anything else, the junkyard probably charges $17 each for them with or without a tire but packing is a pain and UPS...
Instruments - in the dash of the car there are (I think) instruments with a speedo in KM. There is no tach in the dash. However, in the trunk (where I found the foglights) there is an instrument cluster with another speedo and a tach. It doesn't look like it matches this car but it does look to be old and japanese.

re: scrapping/crusher - neither. I make some money sell old Mercedes parts on ebay in order to support my 3 older Mercedes cars that I am trying to maintain. So I go to the self-service pick-a-part places VERY regularly. This particular pick-a-part has a separate area of cars that they want to sell whole - you can't take parts off of those cars. This little Bellett has been sitting there for a couple of months with no buyers, and so they moved it to the general lot where anything is fair game. The consumer removes whatever they want with their own tools and then goes to the cashier. A tail light from a Bellett costs the same as a tail light from a Mercedes 300 D costs the same as a tail light from a GMC Truck. The car will remain where it is sitting for 3 weeks, possibly 4 weeks, then it will be crushed.

The side emblems are both there, but in poor condition. Somewhat pitted, etc, but not bent. Are these of value to people in that condition? The front mirrors are present with no glass? Are these of value?

I have generally had unprofitable experiences rescuing parts for cars because I thought the car was cool and "someone" must need these parts. I have a small box of Capri parts as evidence.

Anyway, I can go back today and see about the instruments... emblems....

Here's a picture of the plastic horn button that we did buy because it is nice. (Some internal crazing inside the plastic but very presentable).

Attachments:
BellettHornButton.jpg
BellettHornButton.jpg [ 108.84 KiB | Viewed 30248 times ]
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Scott
Thanks for the pm and response here I didnt take into consideration it was still at a junkyard so I totally see where your at on this thing ...
does guage cluster look like this?

Thanks
Mark

Attachments:
meters.jpg
meters.jpg [ 98.66 KiB | Viewed 30232 times ]
Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

I don't remember if it look like that. What I remember is that it had a round speedo on the right, and I _think_ a round (same size) multi-gauge on the left. The one one the left was NOT a tach. If it does look like the one you attached, is it special?

Any ideas about my fog lights?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 pm

I'm a relative new comer to the Bellett community,the first one of these I ever saw is the one that I have .. so being a good point of reference for pricing these parts I'm not,but I did buy a logo off one of these several months back that I think was like $20 Aus.and other odds and ends like ashtrays for like 20-30 Euro.each.
Ive never seen fog lights or guage clusters for sale so I dont know, give the post some time maybe someone will add a comment concerning the value the parts you have.

Again thanks for posting.

Cheers,Mark

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

Davo
Yes it is the same one that showed up in here a few weeks back,it's fate doesn't look good...to bad I'm so far from it.

Anyone know if the lens on a GT or GT-R foglight was made by: HAKKOSHA CO ?

Regards
Mark

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:29 am
Profile WWW

hi mark the only guys that can answer your question are the people with a gt with spotties OK whos gonna clarify the spotties its beyond me regards davo

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 am

they are origianl GT fog lights, of the single headlight PR91 from early 67 till mid 69.
my GT is one of these cars, but my car hasn't got them fitted now, and didn't have them with it when i got the car.

they were bolted to the front bumper via a "S" shaped bracket that clamped to the bumper iteself. those lights are missing those brackets.
that model GT was the only one that had extra lights fitted like this. PR90's never had separate lights as they were all within the grille, and later PR91's were the same as the 90's. GT-R's had extra fog lights mounted to a special bar that was between "bumper-ettes". my own GT is now done in this fashion, with driving-spot lights instead of fog lights.

those fog lights are now a rare item, as most were the first thing broken due to "touch parking", and if only one was broken, the other was removed, or as they were just clamped to the bumper, they were stolen as a pair.

hope this helps.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Hey Scott

Some of that stuff is really neat. did the car have twin SU carbies and extractors with an alloy head.

All of that would be worth getting if they will separate the engine bits.

Please let me know as i would be happy to pay the postage and a reasonable price for these items.

Thanks for posting the info and the pics.

Chris

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:06 pm

PR91 - thanks for the information! Whatever you wrote probably caused them to instantly sell on ebay.

Chris - I don't think the engine or other parts of the car were of interest particularly because the foglights were not for this car (I don't think) - they were in the trunk. But I'll go back and check. I take it "twin SUs" would be a good thing and warrant further salvaging...? The car did not have a tach, but there was an extra instrument cluster in the trunk that looked period to the car - that had a speedo and a tach. Perhaps the trunk had the goodies for another car and this was the day-to-day Bellett?

Thanks to all for the information. I'm glad that the foglights are going to a proper owner.

Scott

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks to Brett for the info on those lights,makes sense why they are increasingly hard to find ...
Scott if I were out there(and I've considered flying out with my toolbag) :) I'd have all kinds of stuff pulled off that car ! good job on those lights man that was quick!

Dave thanks for tidying up our posts .....

Later all
Mark

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile WWW

Just to clarify, I don't think that the car at the junkyard is the car that originally had the foglights. But I'll try to post pictures. The trunk of the car had spares that did not fit that particular car so I suspect the car was owned by someone with another Bellett... After pictures, maybe people can come up with a wish list...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 pm

hi scott that had me quizzed as we have the shots of the car a 2 door twin carbies ,shot seats etc however it has a gt type wheel and you have a horn button (i am the expert on these ,,,ask the orphanage ) of a basic sedan car? check the photos the buttons on the gt type wheel are bigger .....also the front gaurd mirrors appear to be the same type you put on your doors ? they are not the gt type ? i am trying to learn regards davo

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:03 am

dont let davo get near that horn button :shock:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:20 am

So is my horn button a GT horn button or not a GT horn button???

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:22 am

horn button is gt

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:31 am

hi scott again looks like its been verified by greg he has a harem of gts .did you have a look at the original post about the car in california it has a picture of it tired little car rhs rear tyre flat wrecked seats and grass growing out of the carbys keep at it scott regards davo

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:14 am

OK, I finally read the thread about the California Car and yes this is the same car and the same junkyard. The difference is now the car is no longer in the "whole car for sale section" and instead is in the pick-a-part section. So it will be canibilized for the next 2 weeks and then crushed. I'm going back today. What to get????? Is the dual SU carb and intake of value? The foglights that I already got (and sold) were in the trunk, not on the car. There is a different instrument cluster that was in the trunk that had a tachometer.... The "California Car" posting had mention of a different location for the transmisssion gear selector and it being a bolt-on change. Is this "bolt on" remote gear selector of value?

Scott

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next