View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Original one owner bellett for sale; expressions of interest 

Car(s): not enough!
LOVVVEEEEEE YOUR PHOTOS!!!!!! :lol: :shock: :o :roll: :D

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi guys i was cleaning out the glovebox and came across a letter i opened it and the details were that these were to go on the car as they were on it originally when it came from japan .............................oh yea davo ...dreamworlds out at coomera on the gold coast ...anyway just put on the deluxe trims to see how they looked against the new wheels ..hope im not boring you all ...its bloody exciting having a car cheers davo

Attachments:
DSC_5642.JPG
DSC_5642.JPG [ 119.11 KiB | Viewed 22253 times ]
DSC_5640.JPG
DSC_5640.JPG [ 120.94 KiB | Viewed 22253 times ]
DSC_5639.JPG
DSC_5639.JPG [ 137.34 KiB | Viewed 22253 times ]
Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Wrong badge mate, it aint a nissan :o

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Davo, I for one could never be bored at looking at photos of Belletts! And reading the details.
So, your motor is a G161 1600. Nice 8-) . I believe Florians all have an alloy head, so the Iron head suggests it's a GT motor. Hows the idle? GT's are a little lumpy due to the cam, whereas sedan (and Florian) 5 bearings are smooth. (When tuned right!). It's possible the car that donated the wheel also donated the motor & box. You could even have a close ratio GT 'box. :?: Full synchro boxes are longer than the crash first gear boxes, and have a V-shaped 2-block rear mount instead of a circular one. Your tappet cover, oil cap & sump breather are the same as '68 motors.

Gerry to the rescue on the DeLuxe-ify idea! That's a nice offer as those bits are rare. For the full deluxe treatment, you would also need the 2-speed wipers & switch, armrest-style soft door pulls, grab handles (standard door pulls) above the drivers side rear and two passenger doors, and if you're real fussy, the elastic map pouch on the passenger's door trim like the one on the drivers. And if you were a fanatic, the japanese character tyre placard under the bonnet. Teardrop Deluxes were fully imported, like Doris, though some dealers added "DeLuxe equipment" - a radio, non-boosted heater, carpets (over the plastic mats) and a badge set.
Although Doris is fully imported, its strange that she doesn't have a fan boosted heater as she should have had. :?

I suggest your car is a '65 model by the ash tray lid, '66 models had a wider lid that didn't warp. They also had the rubber mounted steering rack rather than the '65s solid mount.

You're having fun, and thats GOOD to see!
Cheers, Matt. :D

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:54 pm

My thoughts are 161 block with a head change :?: I am yet to see a gt with a cast head standard :?: chev luv had a cast head but the exhaust ports are square. I think nanna was a tinkera ;) and a 60s hoon and i still think that diff may be flogged :lol:. the rack is a soft mount also but as we are finding out it is not as factory spec as we all were led to believe. But it is for the better disc brakes, synco box, more power ar ar ar and you get to change rack mounts from time to time :lol: and most of all Dave can do his mods without taking it's originality away.
B.T.W Dave those mags you put on look YUK, if you would like me to dump them for you i would be happy too ;) dump them on 1 of my cars that is.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
I reckon the mags ar O.K. Davo!
Attachment:
project florian (10)_resize.JPG
project florian (10)_resize.JPG [ 118.67 KiB | Viewed 22204 times ]

But I prefer those choice DeLuxe hubbies!

I just went out to the shed & checked my GT head. Yeah, alloy under all the crud. I was thinking it was Iron :oops: So were PR90 heads alloy too?

Over the years peope swap things to their taste or availability, and most things interchange so it can be difficult to tell models, but the chassis number tells.

All good fun!
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 am

matt love your mags ...you have bloody good taste mate ....greg did say mine was a steel head (so is mine with grey hair) thanks for your imput am chasing a rear door trim at the moment colour not too important can retrim or paint cheers davo

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am

Sorry Davo, I have a late driver's rear door trim (blue) but it's too far gone - sunbaked.
Might have to get one made.
Cheers.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Davo

may i say on behalf of most or all of the Forum, that we are here because of the great stories like your car, and will continue to be found haunting the places that we know of where Bellett's and their owners or wannabee's are know to frequent!
so, continue with the story and the more photos, the better. We are all enjoying your journey of discovery.

Cheers

OZ

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 pm

yep matt, all GT's were alloy head-ed. PR90, 91, 91G, 91W, 95, the lot.
the only iron head in a Bellett was the early sedan version.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 am

thanks geoff sorry you didnt like the crazy clarks ...gtr... its as close as i will get to one .. i got that auto box switch thing off for you with the wiring my spare auto is a 67 lets know when you want it still looking for the auto geat selector plate its here cheers davo

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:34 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
could it be a 1600 motor with the cast 1500 head? just asking!
congrats on the little blue beast, love it, and the pics are great, shame some one keeps getting in the way!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 am

That would be my guess mrfibbles but this ol bluey has a few secrets ;) and only bluey and nanna may know the whole story :)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:52 am

hi greg i have left 3 messages with billy boy re its history he will get back to me hes pretty busy as i found out hopefully i can piece its history its a wonder someone in the nsw club didnt know of the car ...anyone out there in nsw know it cheers davo thanks again for all your comments spent 2 hrs today bringing the wheel alloy back looks bloody fantastic next is the wood work all the alloy pollished up great with mothers alloy cleaner got the original jack and rear venetians in undercoat ready for painting greg told me to clean out the fuses ...yep now all the lights work ..good eh will put some pics on soon cheers davo

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Davo,
While checking the fuses, also check all the connections on the back or the fuse block.
After time corrosion can build up and cause a break in connection, one of our GT owners experienced that on the way back from a National Meet. He could not find the problem, called the NRMA and they found it within seconds, only takes a small amount where the leads clip onto the connectors on the back of the fuse block.
A very small issue, but a very frustrating one when it happens, if you are not aware problem can be hard to find.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 am

Good advice DaveM, and while you're at it, emery-up the slide contacts on the coil and distributor.
I failed to take my own advice (oversight really) with Aunty Mary and on the way back from Coona thought I'd run out of fuel. Tracy and the kids waited 1 1/2 hours for me to get back with the tin, but it didn't fix the problem. NRMA guy scraped the blades & squeezed the sliders & it hasn't missed since! :roll: :oops:

What did Rhys get me for Christmas?
2 fuel safety jerrys, one with "Doris" & one with "Mary" plaques affixed. :lol:
Just gotta keep 'em full.

Cheers, Matt.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:53 am

Car(s): bellett's x3, 504 pug , bmw e30
Very nice wish teardrops were available in NZ. if they are i never seen one.
I do like the mags. Those deluxe hubcaps in mint condition too. To think when I was young (16-18) I had 3 complete sets. I wish I had kept my original bellett collection. I remember my lemon coloured 68 one was good for winding off the clock get that thing right round to the oil light. Anyway well done I'll have a look at the parts over the weekend unless I go diving for crays.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:59 am

thanks for your reply its all go in the mitchell house ..missus said go get dressed tina ...you on stage tonight clean your bloody ..dirty fingernails ...well it is 40yrs plus of clean up time ..and i love it cheers davo

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 am

went to gerrys at the w/e got some great bits for the teardrop we spent some time talking belletts and he has had heaps of belletts thru the years now hes down to a mint gt and pinky his other gt ...sorry and his spare deluxe ...now becoming a teardrop deluxe (the claytons model ) still chasing an orange rear blinker anyone got one ? the list is getting shorter .,.....anyone know if the flange gasket is avail ?or what suits cheers davo

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:34 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
:lol: Did'nt tell Davo about Ken the carpet snake,that call's the Deluxe home
As you can see Davo's like a kid in a toy shop,why spoil the excitment ;) The
dog knows to show a bit of caution around Ken as he's over 6ft,harmless
enough just likes to give you a good fright and welcome you to his Bellett :lol:

Attachments:
dave bel 001.JPG
dave bel 001.JPG [ 128.85 KiB | Viewed 21997 times ]
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next