View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
2 BELLETTS ON EBAY 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
HI GUYS 2 BELLETT AUTOS ON EBAY 67 MODELS ONE IS RED $600 AND A BLUE ONE $850 in sydney at beverly hills cheers davo

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Here are the links!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-Bellet ... 43b3c3564d

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Isuzu-Bellet ... 43b3c33d68

Reckon half listed price is still pushing it! :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:07 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
yep. both pretty rough and the red and yellow engine bay colour scheme is pretty awful too.

hope someone has a need for parts...

not worth the trip from over here

OZ

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:17 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Well, I couldn't just leave them there, could I? Alone & waiting in a Sydney front yard. :(

So Gary Carter & I went on a rescue mission. Penrith Rod, who teed-up the deal, met us there with his trailer and we busted them out. *Bonus* I got 2 for the price of 1! Jeff (the seller) is a nice fella & gave me a most reasonable deal.
So they're saved. First one is home, the other stashed for a couple of weeks.
I'll post in the general chat section when I get a proper look, but they are both complete.

Blue one as it rolled off the trailer -
Attachment:
sigma (3)_resize.JPG
sigma (3)_resize.JPG [ 122.67 KiB | Viewed 23379 times ]

Attachment:
sigma (4)_resize.JPG
sigma (4)_resize.JPG [ 132.97 KiB | Viewed 23379 times ]

Tracy says I've set a record - buying 3 cars in a week! Good ole tax return! :D :lol: ;)

Happy Matt.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Car(s): 2x 1964/5 ' Teardrops' & 1967 Bellett &too many Valiants
Hi Matt,
Glad you got her home safely.Was a great deal for sure.
Busted them out was right - had to take the fence down to get them out :D
Jeff actually said I was the only one who showed any interest in them !
and the extra 'surprises' we found on and in the car were a bonus :o
The blue beast is probably better than expected - hope you get her running around the property soon,
cheers,
Rod.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:17 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Well done , Matt

the photos dont look like a sigma, but??

i like the rocks on the shed roof too

tell us about the little extras too wont you

OZ

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Thanks Jeff, it was a great day. Long, but fun. And thanks for showing us some of your Vals. I like 'em, a lot. I'll get back up there as soon as I can others. ;)

Yeah Oz, file had the Sigma pics too. :oops:
The trouble with a big back yard, I can buy a pallet of clay pipes for $1 at a clearing sale & stick 'em behind the shed. Ah well, handy for holding the sheds down when ya run out o rocks!
Possibly should pour the slabs in them? One day.

Surprises? Oh yeah, like the toolbag with a few tools still there. And 2 working cab lights in the glovebox. And 2 (yep, 2) 2-speed deluxe Bellett heaters in the boot. And 2 modified oil filter bases (by an engineer) to take spin-on filters - 2.6 Sigma filters!!
And I haven't had time to have a proper look yet.

:D :D Matt.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 am

found a true treasure trove of stuff there Matt.

glad they were saved. just a bit too far for us guys here in SA.

think the lack of interest for the old owner was the price really. just a bit too much for close to a parts car and a runner maybe?

keep us posted with pics as you go please.

cheers

OZ

Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Good to see they found a home. There are only so many you can save, but it's always good to try to stop those going to the scrappers that don't have to!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 2x 1964/5 ' Teardrops' & 1967 Bellett &too many Valiants
There was also a nice surprise when we were hooking up the winch to the front crossmember ,and realised it had a disc brake conversion! Looked like a factory setup,so maybe from a GT.
Jeff is the guy I also bought the 'Deluxe' Teardrop from a few weeks earlier,and if anyone is interested he is also going to sell a shovelnose Toyota Corona 2 door coupe,sports model with twin carbs.Its a 1966 model I think. Think he said $5000 is what he wants.Also been shedded for years.
Cheers,
Rod.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 am

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. :P Yep, turns out they're GT discs. *Bonus!*

The shade of a tree fell upon it yesterday, so I took an hour & had a little play. Drained the little bit of stale fuel out of the tank, put in some fresh stuff, blew air back through the line & reconnected it to the pump. Primed the carbie & wound it over, but no go. Hmmm, no spark. Whacked in a new set of points & tried again. Success! Started up, pushed the choke in after about 30 seconds & she sat idleing nice. No knocks, no rattles, no smoke. Even the exhaust is quiet!
So jumped in & pulled it into drive - car goes forward. :) Then reverse - car goes back! :D
Fuel pump & water pump good. Radiator looks like a new core & stored dry, so no rusty rubbish flowing through. (I just stuck the garden hose in the top radiator hose for the test.)
More & more glad I made the trip!

Next will be to re-connect all the wiring & waterworks. They had all been disconnected to paint the bay & motor. Under the dirt is actually blue 2-pak, brushed on , but at least it's all clean & rust prevented. Not a fan of the yellow motor, but again, all clean.

Cheers, Matt.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:45 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Matt,

How did you go with the steering column shroud for a WASP please mate?
I emailed you and havent heard how you went.

These cars weer a good find with all those bits?
Dave M.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Matt. Think you might have a good mate for donkey. Gricey

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm

1968GT wrote:
Matt,

How did you go with the steering column shroud for a WASP please mate?
I emailed you and havent heard how you went.

These cars weer a good find with all those bits?
Dave M.

Sorry Dave. :oops: I had to dig a fair bit, but I've finally found a fair one. The top is a bit opaque from the sun, but better than none I suppose. Maybe some armourall will help.
I posted them to you today to pass on to the Wasp fella.

Cheers mate.

Hey Gricey, I reckon you're right. With a little attention she could be a cute little ass.

Cheers, Matt.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Matt,
Sorry Bud I have been out in West Wyalong all week!
THANK YOU, Warren will be most appreciative! It is amazing what a little spray paint can do!!! :D
I hope Denis is going well.!!!
Dave M.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:53 am

Another postscript!
Gary's son, Zak, got married a couple of weeks back, so we all went to watch. A fantastic family time.
So I hitched up Dave's trailer & fetched the red car home.

Attachment:
CARnivale 2013_resize.JPG
CARnivale 2013_resize.JPG [ 130.24 KiB | Viewed 22643 times ]

Yeah, its real dirty (sitting for 15 years'll do that!), so a good scrub to see whats underneath soon.
A quick look, it's complete apart from well fitted non-original front seats. It's lowered with the twin-spring, & has 14 inch wheels with surprisingly good tyres. (Might make their way onto the Sigma.) Some guard & sill & boot floor rust, but not terminal. Mech check to come.

This yard is growing Belletts like mushrooms after a rain!
:D Matt.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Just another post-script,
I got the housework done quick, so had a little look at the red one.
Slipped a tappet cover on & give it a hit with the Gurney, much less crud now.
Motor turned by hand, so did the plugs-out-WD40-thing. Drained about 10 litres of cherry red leaded fuel out (still smells fresh!) & put some 95 in. Fuel pump works. :) Fresh points, wind over & bursts into life! No rattles or clunks, no sump pressure, no smoke out the tailpipe! Even the exhaust is still good. (just a flange gasket leak.) :D Pushed the choke in after half a minute & she sits idling like I'd driven it just last week! :o
So I dive in & pull it into Drive - instant engagement & goes forward. Then Reverse - car goes back. Smile enlarges. Check auto oil, add a litre & a half, try handbrake - works a bit, so, down the driveway. Gears change, kickdown......kicks down, mate, if it had brakes I reckon I could drive into town! :shock:
Next spare hour, try bleeding brakes. It's holding the fluid I put in.

This bargain just gets bargainy-er ! 8-)

Self-portrait.............. :D
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 am

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Matt,
I can clearly see your grin from ear to ear :) :D
The Great bargain find has revealed more!
Cheers, Lewis

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]