View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Isuzu Bellett GT 2 door coupe 1969 on Ebay in NSW 

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
Saw this Add on Ebay starting at $500:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/isuzu-bellet ... 4d171f2d52

Josh

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:39 am

ol yellas mate both rallied in new guinea, both painted yellow after racing, both need a cut n shut. This car is 100 cars newer than ol yell. I spoke to Chris today he says it will need a lot of work and recommends a rear cut :shock: A few bits missing but not to hard to locate or make them.
I have good rear cut off lizzies race car :!: I don't know if I want to do it again :?:
Will someone else take it on :?: Its going to be a big job :roll:.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:42 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gt orphanage wrote:
ol yellas mate both rallied in new guinea, both painted yellow after racing, both need a cut n shut. This car is 100 cars newer than ol yell. I spoke to Chris today he says it will need a lot of work and recommends a rear cut :shock: A few bits missing but not to hard to locate or make them.
I have good rear cut off lizzies race car :!: I don't know if I want to do it again :?:
Will someone else take it on :?: Its going to be a big job :roll:.

on the face of it (pictures) the rear looks saveable. Less work possibly, than cut and shut. Maybe a different view if i saw it in the flesh though. :?
Missing centre gauges, wrong bumpers & seats but rest looks a fairly good project.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:53 am
Profile WWW

I did say that was a bit harsh but he did say it looks better in the pictures. I would be of the same thoughts. Rh sill is sad but that is to be expected. wheel well needs replacing and fuel tank is no longer serviceable.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:27 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gt orphanage wrote:
I did say that was a bit harsh but he did say it looks better in the pictures. I would be of the same thoughts. Rh sill is sad but that is to be expected. wheel well needs replacing and fuel tank is no longer serviceable.

relatively rare, late model. Worth saving. Boot not too bad really. Lower 1/4's a bit sad but repairable with fabricated sections.

It seems they keep on popping up. (which is good)

Attachments:
front rh .JPG
front rh .JPG [ 376.91 KiB | Viewed 24292 times ]
dash.JPG
dash.JPG [ 426.67 KiB | Viewed 24292 times ]
boot floor.jpg
boot floor.jpg [ 493.22 KiB | Viewed 24292 times ]
engine bay.jpg
engine bay.jpg [ 504.22 KiB | Viewed 24292 times ]

Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Missing centre gauges, wrong bumpers & seats but rest looks a fairly good project.

Tail light are sedan, wrong park lights front.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
at least the engine bay looks pretty original .....

even correct deep red block colour!

I wish I was closer

OZ

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:23 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
:roll: bit of work parts missing lots lots lots lots of work not for me lol :roll:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:10 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Are we not missing the most important thing?

IT'S GOT THREE HUBCAPS! G.T.-FREAKING HUBCAPS!

If it were close to me, I'd buy it, keep the caps, then flip it for $500 and keep the free hubbies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...not that I need them... coz I don't have a GT that requires them. But still.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:45 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
I want the jack in the boot the black one I reckon its off a mk1 or mk2 zephyr (joking) cheers davo if anyone wants me to view it let me know its an hour away according to the owner I spoke to today the back end is pretty bad the floor is good no rail damage he thinks its had its bum out in the Ballina salt for the last 30 years altho supposedly under cover the car has the sign of wear the motor runs sweet ....cheers davo

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
I had a look at it yesterday, and the description that Chris has given is pretty accurate, He has restored a couple of Mazda R100 's and does know his way around cars. The car looks better in the picks than it is, and may have a bucket or two of bog in it as well. If you look in the pick of the boot, under the jacks, you can see daylight to the rear wheel, top of fuel tank is rusted out. as stated would require a rear cut and shut. Started real easy, no hesitation, ran sweetly but can't hear much as exhaust is rusted away. The car still has cross ply winter tread tyres on it from it's rally days. It needs a lot of work and some really deep pockets to save this one, but I do hope it is saved and not bought for the three hub caps as per Daves theory.
Someone save it please... :cry: :cry:
Just a pity it didn't come out of the wood work 10 or 15 years ago, but, back then it would have only been worth $50.

Geoff.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm

PR95 wrote:
I had a look at it yesterday, and the description that Chris has given is pretty accurate, He has restored a couple of Mazda R100 's and does know his way around cars. The car looks better in the picks than it is, and may have a bucket or two of bog in it as well. If you look in the pick of the boot, under the jacks, you can see daylight to the rear wheel, top of fuel tank is rusted out. as stated would require a rear cut and shut. Started real easy, no hesitation, ran sweetly but can't hear much as exhaust is rusted away. The car still has cross ply winter tread tyres on it from it's rally days. It needs a lot of work and some really deep pockets to save this one, but I do hope it is saved and not bought for the three hub caps as per Daves theory.
Someone save it please... :cry: :cry:
Just a pity it didn't come out of the wood work 10 or 15 years ago, but, back then it would have only been worth $50.

Geoff.

can't beat a visit to see it, for true condition. :(
well worth saving though. If it WAS 10-15 years ago, i would have it !

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

This is where as enthusiasts we are divided :oops: I cant understand the thoughts or suggestions that this car would be bought to donate any parts to another car :shock:. Have a look under [why would you do it again] Ol yella was past it but we had it's full history.
This car has the same history even more than ol yella as the original owner is still alive. These cars are harder to find and again show little value. This car needs to be bought back NOT parted out. A few weeks on the grinder and mig will see a platform for a restoration project. I can supply a rear cut if needed. Lizzies racecar has a good rear cut. We would be happy to donate it to see this car alive and back on the streets.
All I hope it ends up in the right hands.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:45 am

greg ..sorry mate ..you are the right hands..... cheers davo

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:45 am

It wasn't having a go at anyone Dave more an observation. If it was a 10 yo old Hyundai for $500 and you want bits for it well then go for it :lol: Ill bring the oxy and help cut the hubbies off it. Not that i dislike Hyundai they have a purpose but with 10000s out there who cares. Point i make is this car can be saved and should be. It will take time, effort and $$ but it is a rare car and SHOULD be saved. The issue is to do it right will put cost into the 20k mark making Lewis's buy quite cheap. There is no doubt it will be a money pit. Purchase price and transport will swallow the 1st $1000 brakes will be the second. Cut n shut will depend on ones skills. It needs tyres, exhaust ect. So even to get it to donkey's level will be 5k. Anyone not prepared to invest that for a rough example will part it or leave it until it is no longer a viable repair is my concern.
Yes Dave i may buy it and bring it back to its former glory but others can do it too :!: Like i said i have a rear cut and will donate it to be sure it lives.
I just want to see it back on the road 8-) Maybe i am to passionate :?: :roll: I luv them all.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:15 am

rubber straps still there for the jack ...amazingly so ....so come on guys who is up to it ......greg can help you ...hes been there done that ....I have a blue sedan that I have hardly touched in mths so count me out unless someone wants to buy blue machine ...then again the roman red sedan hasn't had any buyers ...are people after the coupes ??? guess they are worth a lot more completed than the sedans ..and less of them ...come on guys open your wallets and hearts cheers davo

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:40 am

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
I would have bought the roman red one but it would mean a divorce, the car would cost a lot less, that's true, BUT a divorce these days, WELLL say no more!!! :P I would loose my GT :( THAT AINT GOOD :(

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:21 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
love to bring it back to roadworthy and your rear cut and shut offer is very generous, Greg.
just know it would cost me 1K just for transport(minimum) plus purchase.
I know where a fair reasonable rear is sitting in someone's front yard here in SA.
and look at its Provenance.....
not much about the place like it, really.

just do it someone!

OZ

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:29 am

..........SOMEBODY LOVES IT...........OH I FORGOT TO ADD WHEN I SPOKE TO THE OWNER He ASKED IF THEY HAVE A LOCKED DIFF HE SAID HE DROPPED THE CLUTCH AND TOOK OFF AND IT LEFT 2 LONG TYRE MARKs???? IS THAT A LSD ??? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheers davo

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 pm

gt orphanage wrote:
This is where as enthusiasts we are divided :oops: I cant understand the thoughts or suggestions that this car would be bought to donate any parts to another car :shock:. Have a look under [why would you do it again] Ol yella was past it but we had it's full history.
This car has the same history even more than ol yella as the original owner is still alive. These cars are harder to find and again show little value. This car needs to be bought back NOT parted out. A few weeks on the grinder and mig will see a platform for a restoration project. I can supply a rear cut if needed. Lizzies racecar has a good rear cut. We would be happy to donate it to see this car alive and back on the streets.
All I hope it ends up in the right hands.

agree with that. This car is eminently restorable with out huge effort, although it does depend on your skill level as paying for the cut and shut would be expensive. Would need some time as it certainly not a tidy up and drive job. My old white GT was worse than this one. I cut and shut the whole boot floor and tail light panel on it. It had no interior, no left door, no gauges, a hard smack in the front...... the list goes on.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next