View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Bellett 1500 for sale in Adelaide - Carsales 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

I came across this one on Carsales:

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private-results.aspx?Ntk=CarRego&Ntt=6666530&rego=6666530&D=6666530

It is in Adelaide and looks to be in really good nick, aside from a bit of a tap up the bum (lenses OK though - whew!).

Although I try to keep track of all the Bellett owners in Adelaide, I don't know them all and this one is a mystery - never seen it before!

It would be great if a local bought it, or a forum member, or even just someone who'll join the forum and come to the occasional car show with us!

So I've emailed them to spruik the site and we'll see what happens.

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:49 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Bargain!! Heres one for 1968GT - bit of a drive, but looks like a drive-home proposition. Be quick!
Farmer.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
If i had the cash it would be gone already... would have to hide it from the mrs though, maybe under a table cloth as the new outdoor setting?

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
A common dilema, this convincing our ladies that we should have "one more". Maybe its a good thing, or a few of as would have all the Belletts, and there would be none left for anyone else!
Some of us are lucky enough to have wives with the attitude, "what makes you happy makes me happy".
But I still need the cash.........

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
My wife is pretty understanding, luckily for me! but when space is an issue, somethings gotta give! might have to sell my 53 ford zephyr before i get another car!

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:16 am
Site Admin

Car(s): Gemini TX Coupe G200W Delco EFI, Gemini TX sedan (SR20DET, track car), Dato 1200 Ute, Subaru Blitzen Wagon (4th gen)
i'd take it if i had more undercover parking. my partner said that now ive sold one of my excess gemini coupes, that i could get a bellett. but i dont have the heart to keep it in the sun/rain, so no can do.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Go on Antus that Bellett is just begging for some SR20 mumbo :lol:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:49 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
antus wrote:
i'd take it if i had more undercover parking. my partner said that now ive sold one of my excess gemini coupes, that i could get a bellett. but i dont have the heart to keep it in the sun/rain, so no can do.

You DO have a shed... just one that needs to have some stuff taken out of it! Less hammond organs, more Isuzus!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Funnily enough, my missus peered over my shoulder and saw it, and asked me if we could buy it!!! :o It's even just up the road from my house.

Always dangerous to give me an excuse to buy another car - especially when we were in the market for a small 4-door. Unfortunately, safety for her and mini-degruch necessitated something newer and we purchased a Ford Fiesta yesterday. I must be getting old and sensible.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:23 am

A ford fiesta is safer than a bellett ??? O.K., you need a set of seatbelts, but........a fiesta?

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 am

The Fiesta is probably less likely to:

- spear you through the heart with it's steering column
- snap into a wild, positive-rear-camber-induced tail slide and plant you upside down in the bushes on the side of the road
- have spare parts guys look at you like you've asked for a part for a Bolivian artichoke-de-hearting machine when you ask for parts

Both will get you there, but only the Bellett will get you there with the sense of rakish style and possible self-flagellistic tenancies that only Bellett ownership can bring!

I wouldn't mind a Fiesta XR4, but I'm going to look a hell of a lot cooler rolling up in my Bellett! Well, I think so...

My Mum says I'm cool....

Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm
Profile WWW

dave wrote:
The Fiesta is probably less likely to:

- spear you through the heart with it's steering column
- snap into a wild, positive-rear-camber-induced tail slide and plant you upside down in the bushes on the side of the road
- have spare parts guys look at you like you've asked for a part for a Bolivian artichoke-de-hearting machine when you ask for parts

Both will get you there, but only the Bellett will get you there with the sense of rakish style and possible self-flagellant tenancies that only Bellett ownership can bring!

I wouldn't mind a Fiesta XR4, but I'm going to look a hell of a lot cooler rolling up in my Bellett! Well, I think so...

My Mum says I'm cool....

Dave,

If I ever get a bellet, I can design and fabricate a collapsing steering column for you.. but that would take some of the fun out of it :)

I'm no suspension expert, but it sounds like you need more rear sway bar.. did these cars come with bars stock? if so how puny are they?

I can only imagine the kinds of looks / replies you get when you ask the typical moron behind an auto parts desk.

Cheers,

Andrew

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Oh man.. ~3k will have that shipped here..

gots to pay the mortgage

gots to pay the mortgage

GAH!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:17 am

Ok, I'm caving and am going to get a shipping quote.. if only for academics.. but with the world economy the way it is right now it might be significantly cheaper than what I expect (one can only hope:)

Some interesting non Belletts are turning up in Canada and trying to woo me.. one's an NSU TT with the mechanics all done and just needs a bit of body work, but doesn't look like anything too crazy and the price is sounding pretty good.

Cheers,

Andrew

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 am

Car(s): GeminiTX Coupe Racecar,spareTX coupe,Renault Sport Clio Cup,Lancia Beta Coupe,MazdaMX5 Racecar,Corolla KE30,Honda Jazz
My 17 yo son Lachlan's mate Alex bought this car
He's currently got a pretty nice Datto 1200 which I think the Blet will replace
It's a real minter, I offered to buy it for a decent profit, but he's keen to keep it which is great
I was amazed that Dave didn't snaffle it , but he's still up to his ears in Blets, think he'll be buried with em
I'll encourage Alex to join here ,I think he'll be good value

Happy Bletting, pete

ps I'm always in the market for a minter low mileage Blet,Florian or Prince Skyline

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:53 am

emu wrote:
My 17 yo son Lachlan's mate Alex bought this car
He's currently got a pretty nice Datto 1200 which I think the Blet will replace
It's a real minter, I offered to buy it for a decent profit, but he's keen to keep it which is great
I was amazed that Dave didn't snaffle it , but he's still up to his ears in Blets, think he'll be buried with em
I'll encourage Alex to join here ,I think he'll be good value

Happy Bletting, pete

ps I'm always in the market for a minter low mileage Blet,Florian or Prince Skyline

Ah, good thing I didn't put out any shipping quotes yet then!

Looks like it's a wicked solid car (like almost every car in Au)

Cheers

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:21 am

Car(s): Volvo 960 Wagon
Hi, I'm new to this game and that bloody $1500 '67 I've missed out on is the reason I've joined up. It is the object of great anguish right now. Is there anyone out there who is selling one or knows of someone selling one (that's driveable)?

All the best to you all. Looking fwd to chatting. Bellets are truly impressive on paper. I just need to drive one now!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Dear Pete & Alex, welcome to the family! I got my first Bellett at 17 (now pushing 50) and they are good. I am compelled, though, to issue my standard caution; the camber change oversteer rollover (mentioned above) is a possibility, if pushed too hard in corners. There are suspension mods which reduce this tendancy, but they also effect ride & suspension travel. I reckon the best mod is the lightened right foot. I just missed-out on a 1-owner, deceased estate mint '65 sedan 2 years ago (at $1500). It sold on ebay about a year ago for about $150 after being inverted - the P-plate still attached. Sad. (No reflection on P-platers,- I was one!)
You will love it - they've got character!

Zalan, sorry Alex's joy is your anguish! Stay tuned,- 1 will turn up. I can only offer a restorer, at present.
Matt.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:12 am

Car(s): Volvo 960 Wagon
Hi Matt. Thanks for your insite into Bellett ballet. Lighter right feet can address many handling ills. I'm so new to this forum thing I only just realized that you were addressing me.
as well.

Could've been me. She said she'll call me when she got back from Melbourne. Won't do that again.
Good luck Alex...

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]