View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Bellett GT FS 

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Congratulations Steve you just lost a bidder (first rule in business dont mess the customers around).
Gone to get a Datsun 260z. Will wait for another 2 years for someone else who isnt going to play these games.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:11 am

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Hi Steven
You don't return PM'S you won't post price do you want to sell the car or not ?
I am fast running out of patience as did claws

ken

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:34 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
i would guess that is not the first or the last member on this website that is fed up and given up.

Goodluck wIth the sale.

Less interest means lower sale price!

Chris

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:38 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
he wont put price up ,must b a tossa , everyone was waiting for pics and price,now he is putting it on e bay, dosnt want to sell it to us bellett fanatics, wants to sell it to someone who dosnt respect bellets ,shame,shame ,hope u dont sell it on ebay , we should have first pic true believers , rod tasssie,,,,,,,,,

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:49 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
Steve's just using the forum to find a starting price for eBay...probably fair enough. Calm down guys, if you're interested, bid on it. There's not much to go off from eBay over the last few years; a South Australian GT passed in at $4k with no bidders, a Queensland GT for resto sold at a shade under $3k. This car? Anyone's guess.

Not sure it's the car for me, I have my money saved for an excellent original car...anyone wanting to sell one, let me know. ;)

Cheers,
Duane

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 am

Car(s): Bellett GT,
Got a phone number or email address to contact, any idea whats the trouble with carbs, when was the motor last run? Got a starting price, I was thinking of selling my pink GT for something that needs a little less work,

Thanks, Gerry

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 am

Car(s): 67 BELLETT SEDAN. 66 AUTO SEDAN PARTS CAR.HAD GT NOW AT ORPHANAGE
steve i know how you feel parting with a car that really wasnt yours you inherited of your dad the receipts prove that how about we cut to the chase im interested no mucking around mate $500 cash and i will get the roadworthy i await your reply Can do a bank tranfer tomorrow i wont even look at the car regards dave

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Car(s): Used to have two Belletts...wanting to get back into one
Geez you guys are tough...why would Steve put a price up if he's going to put it on eBay???

He's given most of the details and some detailed pics, and has a life outside of this forum!

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Yeah, I'm with Andrew. Steve has given us pics & details & advance warning so all can check their finances & consider their offers - Better than 'Bang!, it's on ebay with only a week, in my opinion. I bet he got more than one P.M. about it!
Umm, did you miss a '0' somewhere, Davo?
Patience is a virtue; Good things come to he who waits; etc.
Don't worry, Be happy, Matt.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 am

$ 5000 will prob pull this one up thats my bid

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 am

BELLQLD wrote:
how about we cut to the chase im interested no mucking around mate $500 cash and i will get the roadworthy i await your reply Can do a bank tranfer tomorrow i wont even look at the car regards dave

i hope that's a typo dave, coz you're missing a '0', at least!

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 am

For a almost complete one in the final stages of a resto $5000 wouldnt buy it.
I paid $900 for 4 liters of paint last week.chrome on my other car was $2000 and a retrim was close to $2000 let alone every other minute buying something from sand paper to parts let alone labour.I dont think mines worth gold either they are not for sale but for what its worth they could rot for that.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
but it is also wether the build is as close to original as possible or not. Some people want exactly the right paint, the correct trim work on re trim and all original mechanics.
This car sounds like a combination of modified and original and that may make a real difference to what People believe it its worth.
Also believe if people commit to a time frame for a sale and for vehicle details that the buyers are waiting for that they should stand by that commitment.
If your not ready to sell, dont offer it for sale!

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:52 am

agree with both gt orphan and oz.

gt orphan... hence my 'at least' comment. cars that need work go for more today than they did when new, and really nice ones pull serious cash (in bellett terms, anyway)!
oz... yep, there have been alot of modified ones over the years, but the more original ones now pull the dollars. and i agree with your commitment comments too.

having said that about original Vs modified, it's still a personal preference, and what someone does with their car is complete up to them.
personally, i couldn't live with a totally standard one, but would never have a really mod'ed one either. that's why my i did a few small mods to my GT when i resto'd it, so it was what i wanted.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 am

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Gt orphanage is on the right track. I was prepared to pay in the area of $7-$8k for something this good and had already hocked half of everything I owned. It would cost way more than this to restore to this condition unless you can do a good body resto all yourself. Complete and rego this is $10k easy if it is really as good as it looks.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:09 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
$10k was my initial thought, due to the age of the restoration and lack of originality (otherwise higher). I can't see the pictures or receipts close enough to judge. However, minus points for lack of rego/plates, funny paint colour, carby issues, windscreen seal, etc...might be pushing for $8k. Chuck it on eBay and see how it goes, it's not an enthusiasts car, so might get some bids from the retro-tech crowd who want to stuff a late model engine in it.

2 cents.
Duane

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 am

Car(s): Used to have two Belletts...wanting to get back into one
gt orphanage wrote:
For a almost complete one in the final stages of a resto $5000 wouldnt buy it.
I paid $900 for 4 liters of paint last week.chrome on my other car was $2000 and a retrim was close to $2000 let alone every other minute buying something from sand paper to parts let alone labour.I dont think mines worth gold either they are not for sale but for what its worth they could rot for that.

You will rarely get your money back on a project like this unless you go 100% original and it's a keenly sought after collector's item (e.g XY Falcon GT etc). A 43 year old Bellett GT is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what has been spent on it. If you're spending $2000 on new chrome and the same on new trim, and are expecting to get your money back, good luck! :shock:

oz_toffa wrote:
Also believe if people commit to a time frame for a sale and for vehicle details that the buyers are waiting for that they should stand by that commitment. If your not ready to sell, dont offer it for sale!
:roll:

People lead busy lives, and it's only one day after the weekend... At least he's given you a heads up that it's coming up for sale so you can keep an eye out for it - he could have just posted it on eBay without any notice and you might have missed out altogether!

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 am

this mite get people going ,have a close look at windscreen rubber & glass looks like just been put there for pic no standard radio either , im one for standard cars , not mod exept for wheels ? wat else needs fixing , $900 for paint must be gold plated, what is it modified or standard u can have a $ 10 k paint job and $ 10 k extras or mods u still wont get $ 20 k for it wat is book price not that much ask dave he would now book price ,wat would the average price b for gt i wonder ,if it was finnished complete good micky mouse job rego on it possible $8 - $9 k sale not wat it is like now , not many standard ones around most have got mods ????? cheers

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:49 am

rod wrote:
this mite get people going ,have a close look at windscreen rubber & glass looks like just been put there for pic

Mentioned in the original post by Steve - he's been pretty up front with the whole deal so far.

PS: Sorry Davo, don't mean to tread on your offer ($500???), you are the only person who has seriously put an actual offer on the table, so everyone can talk $8k-$10k 'til the cows come home. if no-ne's prepared to put down a higher offer, $5k is the price so far.

Last edited by degruch on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:56 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Paint and panel can cost $8k. (done properly)
KB

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next