View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Zounds! A Zeta!!! 

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
One the back of the super cool Lombardi I posted on my wanted ad, this also appeared in WA...seems all the cool stuff is sunning itself in the Wes these days:

http://wa.gumtree.com.au/f-Cars-Vehicle ... atIdZ18320

Haven't seen one in this condition for a long time (most seem to be badly restored and in the wrong colour), shame it's not down the road. I said no projects, but... :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
True Aussie history
KB

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
They were great, boss had one when I was a young tacker, no reverse gear, turn the key off and start the motor backwards and all the gears were backward. Thats about all I can remember of it. I read something a while back that said there none known of still going. :o

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:29 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
sure is a true classic!! Goforit Grouch

OZ

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
pic looks like the passenger rear quarter panels missing?
how do you find these oddball cars?
would be cool to have though!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
I look for these things, too hard Mr Fib...I'm obsessed.

Oz, I'm not gonna squeeze the family into one of those, despite 4 seats! Besides, I'm not convinced it could haul 3 of us. I did go for a ride in one many moons ago...loved the 'gravity feed' fuel gauge, which was some clear hose running vertically up the middle of the dash. Not a car for smokers.

The chap who's helping me with the Bond reckons he refuses to work on Zeta's, due to the amount of wax (release agent) and chalk (filler) in them...they crack, and crack, and crack. I'd still love to have a crack at one though, especially a Sport model.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 am

believe it or not the lightburn company started out making concrete mixers, continued to do so with the built the zeta, and still do today. now that's useless info for u!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:33 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Isabell Grand Tourer wrote:
They were great, boss had one when I was a young tacker, no reverse gear, turn the key off and start the motor backwards and all the gears were backward. Thats about all I can remember of it. I read something a while back that said there none known of still going. :o

Just to dredge this old thread up, I had to mention to Geoff that I know of at least two that are still going!

One was fully restored and appeared at the Bay to Birdwood a few years ago. OK, it MAY not be going now, but it was very, very restored, so I'd doubt it's gone to wrack and ruin.

Actually, it was over-restored. The paint was perfect, unlike the orange-peely gel-coat of the original one there that also attended that same Bay to Birdwood.

That original one I think was the same one I saw at the Kernerweck Lowender Festival of Cars in Kadina earlier in the year.

The owner was immensely proud of the car and even had a speeding fine he received in the Zeta back in the 1980s stuck up in the window! Just to prove it could do 118kph in a 100 zone!

Ok, I'll go back to sleep now.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]