View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Chevrolet LUV for sale - Adelaide - $1200 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide ... 1015813947

Good grief guys; this old Chevrolet is a good one; it's an early model with the Florian motor and low tail lights.

But it IS fairly rough...

I've seen it rock up to a few swap meets; the guys driving it sell vintage motorcycle parts and look like they were in Deliverance... I came close to buying it before I got to where I am now, but it probably can't just be cruised as-is; it really needs some interior work and some rust work in the panels.

But it's too good to wreck! And too good for someone to buy and put a 327 in it!

I am wondering where the hubcaps went; it had 3 on it last I saw, with an old Benz dog-dish cap rounding out the set. No matter; LUV caps are pretty easy to source off eBay, I think.

The main driver of this really loved it; when I tried to buy it about 8 years ago, he refused but asked me to look out for another hubcap! He's got pretty bad knees and his alternative ride was a Holden ute, but the clutch was a bit too much for him on that.

Looks like the boss has decided to move it on. They said to me they'd done a bunch of little jobs on the engine and it was mechanically pretty good, so it might be worth a look!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
but still a bit expensive for 1200.
we are the only people that see value in them, and we are all cheap bustard's too boot

there was one in Tassie recently, early florian motor series, for 200.
and another wreck in Baccas Marsh that you would have got for a slab or 2. way past restoring

and mine only cost me 380 and a weekend trip to Benalla
so they are about and are much cheaper

OZ

Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, Morris Minor 1000
Jeez that is sad you think they are only priced around scrap value looks good in the pic good alternative to somebody looking at a datsun 1200 ute which something similar would be fetching a few grand kinda scary to think starting a Bellett project is just money pit if it isn't going to be worth anything??
Best of luck to them and hopefully it sells fast and if it doesn't happen to be someone from the forum then it gives us a new enthusiastic member :D

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
I would definitely pay $1200 for it; it's not a 327 V8 asking $12-15,000 and it's not a total basket case, although it does need love (LUV?).

The Deliverance boys have been driving it to swap meets for years and it has walk-in SA rego. If I didn't have a shed full of cars already, I'd slap $1200 for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Now marked as sold. Someone sees the potential.

I remember that pic of one in SA with a Florian grille. I reckon I'd give one that treatment, given the chance. Hmmm, all I need is a second parrallel lifetime.................. :roll:

Cheers, Matt.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]