View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Verification system sucks!!! 

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
guys guys guys.

When are we going to sort out this hidden numbers and letters in the Verification System???

Even with no Colour Blindness ( and we males do suffer from it) and eyesight which is getting older, i have virtually no issues with other simliar systems but it takes me 5 or 6 goes before i can get logged back in.

Or i give up!

Surely there is a better style of colouring that can be used.

And the Administrator link doesnt work either.

Please please please please get this fixed.......

OZ

Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 am

oz...
we ARE WORKING ON IT... and your patience is appreciated.

but...

if u have a better solution to the problem, then please step up and offer it, as we admins do have lives outside of bellett.net (yes, shocking i know...), and if u don't have a better solution, we can always go back to the old system we used and i'll gladly forward the 8-10 spam log-in applications we get EVERY DAY still to u for you to deal with...

PR91 out...

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
patience guys ...this is a free forum ...thats why those scammers jump aboard ...it will be fixed......happy safe easter to all ..cheers davo..i too had difficulty i was originally bellqld and i stuffed up signing on and now im bullitt doesnt matter ..im on

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
They did a little news story on that little punk that invented the captcha word things. He looks like Bill Gate's love child and spends his days playing video games and driving around in a Porsche. Gives everyone another person to wish ill will upon between repeatedly rebooting their windows operating system.

Just because it's the system everyone uses, doesn't mean it's the best system to use.

I'd be leaning toward the "How many letters are in the word 'orange'?" question.
Maybe: What company makes the Bellett?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
I do understand we all have other lives to live and dont expect to have everything to be perfetc, but it gets real ordinary when you are using dail-up speed and every time you try and login it takes clsoe to a mniute to re-login and anothet minure to re-login and another minute etc.

More than happy to trial any systme that you guys want to use, and am all for stopping the spam.
But being able to read and input data is so much nicer thwne it doesnt keep asking the same question over anf over and over.

Keep up the great wokr guys :)

OZ

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Ok this is all a bit weird, because following the last login where the catchpa shiz was used, you shouldn't have to log in again using it.

We had a hiccup a few weeks ago as many of you would have noticed; I, too had to log in using the catchpa and it took a few goes... but once you're logged back in it should be fine.

if you've clicked the 'keep me logged in' thing, then it shouldn't ask your log in details again (unless we get hacked again)... so far I've re-logged in and are not asked to log back in again on my laptop, at work or on the desktop.

Even if you don't click that, it should only ask you to log in with your username and password.

So hmmm, I'm at a loss to explain why it's not letting you do that. If its still giving you grief let me know and I'll let Ant know as he da man when it comes to the actual nuts and bolts of this monster!!

Cheers,

dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:47 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Just for my 2 bob's worth ........ I haven't noticed any change except ..........no more bad taste stuff! We use ole basic explorer on windows XP.
Many thanks for your tireless efforts Mr Moderators. I spend a bit of time here.
You guys are good!
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I'm with Matt on this one, I've never had a drama and we seem to be spam free of late due to the tireless efforts of our admin marshals. Thanks guys.
I just log in old style each visit as it only takes 5 secs

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:49 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
yep ditto here ...now cheers davo

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 am

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Same here ... great work admins.
No spam is good spam unless its the sandwich type :lol:

Cheers
Rob

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Just an update; not wanting to down talk oz_toffa's issues with the catchpa (whenever I see that word I think "Rock the catchpa, rock the catchpa")...... but I just had to do the same thing when sending a message to a seller on the hulking monster that is eBay... and while their catchpa was perfectly clear and made of numbers only (no problems with caps or non-caps, etc), it still took me three goes to get it right, even though I got it right!

Such is the world we live in, I guess.

I guess it's one of those things; you can't take pictures of your kids at sports day in case peddos are mingling in there doing the same thing and you can't log onto your favourite forum without dealing with a stupid piece of software, soley because of spammers!!!! The peddos of the internet world! Oh, except for peddos that are on the internet.

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Thu May 05, 2011 12:58 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
Further to Daves comments above we have a couple of changes in the pipeline that Ant will implement. If these work we might be able to rejig the catchpa so that it is easier to read.

As Dave said, such is the world we live in.

Cheers,
R.

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]