View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Bellett/Wasp/Florian data base 

hi all.

just a thought i had the other day, that's come about from all of the cars that are changing hands between known owners, and those that are popping up from outside the "bellett.net" world.

the thought is this:
alot of us like to know, or would like to, the history of the car/s they own, so i was thinking that a data base of cars would be a good way of keeping this all together, so if a car was to be passed on to somone else and disappear for a while, or if a 'new' one was to appear from the blue, then a data base could trace the history of said car/s for the owners.
i'm sure we all know that these cars are getting rare now, and i think it'd be a good idea if we could keep track of what's around so that they don't start to vanish in the future.

i'm happy to do the data base, and 1st off, i will always respect any conditions that respective owners put on the details that are forwarded before anything else, and promise that any info will remain confidential without they consent of the car's owner.
importantly, please don't ever feel that this is something that u must do, as it's totally up the each individual as to whether they would like the details of thier car/s included, and i ask that we all please respect the desicions made by each person with the choices they make, be they differing to your own views or not.

i was thinking that just the chassis number of each car would do, as this is a better tracing method than a rego number as the chassis stays with the car it's whole life, but rego's change from owner to owner sometimes, as well as state to state if they move elsewhere.... also, i think chassis numbers keep things more private, as they are only visible with full access to the car, where as a rego number can be spotted from anywhere....

one thing i would suggest is this: don't list your chassis number/s on here.
i think PM-ing them is better, as it's more private too, and we'll just keep this area open for questions/requests/advising that info has been forwarded/etc.
here's a direct link to my PM, and just make the PM subject somthing like "data base info from ****" (**** would be your user name):
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=56

let me know you're thoughts, good or bad, and we'll see what comes of it all.

cheers.
brett.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:40 am

Car(s): 66 GTPR90
Top flight Idea Brett
you already have a list of most of my vehicles both present & past feel free to use what info you need
ken

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Yeah Brett, I reckon it makes good sense. I'll bring my numbers & pass 'em over at Coona.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
Something like the Z Car register being run from the US (http://zhome.com/) would be fantastic. It will help preserve our history and keep track of the evolution of the vehicles. It will also stop a car being sold as a one owner vehicle when it has a more colourful history ;)

I'll send my numbers in to you Brett if you are happy to be the custodian?

Drop me a PM if you want to discuss the best way to store/present the data too :)

Cheers,
R.

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:47 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 65 and 66 sedan
Great idea Brett. I am more than happy to ive the numbers of Belletts past and present (and even the ones that have ended up in Bellett Heaven).

Sorry if this is a silly question but does a copy of the register get distributed amongst every body that contributes or is the information on the document available upon request?

Ross thaks for the link above, just thought I would have quick look and then 2 hours later......

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:56 am

thanks gav. any details u have is appreciated dude!.
PM them plz!

and a reminder to all.... please PM me any and all chassis number's u have for your current and previous cars so they can be included to make a more complete data base.
again, if u wish to not have ur car/s details included, then that's ok too.
as the car/s owner, u have the choice with what u do with ur info at all times.

basically gav, nobody will see it unless a genuine, individual request is made.

just so we all know what's what:
i'll be keeping the data base off site, and off my PC as well, to save any probs with loss or un-authorised use.

as privacy laws these days are a minefield, any or all details can't be just passed around at the drop of a hat, so these are the basic guidelines:
if previous details are requested for a said car by the current owner, then proof of ownership must be produced before any details are forwarded.
if a previous owner requests details for a said car, and if the car's location is known, then the current owner will be contacted first to approve the release of details. if the current owner agrees, then that's ok, but if not, then the request goes no further.

put simply, current owners of car/s have the final say with what happens in any enquiry, and those requesting any info must respect the decisions made by the current owner.
i think this is easy enuf to follow for all, that we all understand the guidelines of use from both sides of an enquiry, and that privacy is of the utmost importance at all times.

cheers.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:15 am

PR91 wrote:
and a reminder to all.... please PM me any and all chassis number's u have for your current and previous cars so they can be included to make a more complete data base.
again, if u wish to not have ur car/s details included, then that's ok too.
as the car/s owner, u have the choice with what u do with ur info at all times.

sorry to repeat guys, but i haven't received many details at all so far....
just a friendly reminder!!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Car(s): not enough!
weve given you ours......

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

thanks to all who have contributed to the data base so far. is looking really good!

while i'm waiting for some more extensive details of a BIG bellett collection from over 40 years in the mail, i thought i'd share some interesting factoids thus far....

*note. below cars are those that we KNOW still exist, as there are some other cars either earlier or later that have not been seen or heard of in a loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg time*
oldest PR90- "toomanybelletts"
newest PR90- *a non-forum owner
oldest PR91- "bembokabellettbloke"
newest PR91- *a non-forum owner
oldest PR20- "bembokabellettbloke"
newest PR20- edit! "yellowperil"
oldest Wasp- edit! "leadfoot liz"
newest Wasp- "PR91"

ok, i've broken down the PR90 to PR91 break point to a difference of just 21 chassis numbers, so somewhere in that 21 range is the exact PR90-PR91 changeover.

and, there are multiple sets of "twins", as in, consecutive chassis numbers!
GT: 6 sets of twins, and then a run of 3 cars within 5 numbers, 4 within 5, and 4 within 6.
edit! even better is with info received today (30/11), it's actually 5 sets of twins, because the 6th set has now turned into triplets...., yes, 3 consecutive chassis numbered cars have appeared!
Sedan: no "current" twins, but the details i have from years and years ago show 1 set, and there's 2 cars within 4 numbers, 2 within 5, 2 within 7, and 2 within 8 currently.
edit! now is 2 cars within 3 numbers as well, and 1 of these 2 is a real oddity.... ;)
and would you believe there is a set of Wasp twins!! :o

i'll give more details as to how many cars in each style that are still around when i have updated the data base further.
cheers :D

AND PLEASE KEEP THOSE DETAILS COMING IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY SENT THEM TO ME.
remember, PM'ing them is best.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:17 pm

i'm wrapped, as the data base's main function works.
i wanted it to primarily be a tool for tracing a car's history, and i've found that:

one of my own cars is a 'long lost' car from years and years ago,
another car that, even tho i knew about it, i didn't know where it came from, but it's number matched an old listing i had,
a car that was sold by a forum member ages ago, who had lost trace of it, has now popped up in the hands of another forum member after being thru a few owners in-between,
and that while some cars have had a colourfull history with many owners, there is at least 2 that are still in the hands of their original owners.

cheers.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:39 am

just a reminder to all...

as there have been a few cars change hands of late, and 1 or 2 that have landed in the possession of forum members too, PLEASE send thru your newly gained chassis numbers so i can keep our database up-to-date.

many thanks!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:40 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
ill get organised and send you some details!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:03 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Hi Brett
I'm pretty sure I've also sent you the chassis no. of the (slowly developing) racing Bullett (68 / 69?).
And I also believe it's a good thing that someone is giving over their time to keep records on them all - thanks for the work.
YP

Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 am

hi again all.

just another quick reminder....
a few more cars have been moving around between owners of late, in all "isuzu" forms (GT, sedan, Wasp and Florian), so please, please, PLEASE forward any and all details you have to my PM inbox so we can keep the database as up-to-date as humanly possible.

cheers!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 am

reminder time... those of us that have either sold or bought cars, u know who u are and what to do! thanks.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:21 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Pretty sure I sent you mine Brett, Any updates to the details above yet?
I like this oldest/newest/ twinning stuff.
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:34 am

Car(s): GU Patrol, AU ute, 1969 florian deluxe, 1976 Luv & 1980 KB 4x4 isuzu
i like to know if there are twins of either of mine etc too, its interesting stuff! (i did send mine in didnt i?)

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 am

hi all.
seeing as it's been a while since the post in this thread, i thought it's time for a quick reminder...
and seeing as a few car have either appeared on the Bellett scene or have changed hands, could u all plz forward any further or new info to me that PM so we can keep our database as current as possible.
i thank u in advance!

Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 am

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
Speaking of... did I ever send you mine?

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1985 Holden /Isuzu Jackaroo /Trooper, 1966 1500 Bellett
Hi all.
I think it is a good idea to have a register for Bellett, Wasp, and Florian tgst are known to be still around.
I became a Bellett owner on Monday after driving from the Hunter Valley down to Werribe South to purchase my 1966 1500 Automatic sedan.

Fri May 03, 2019 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]