View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Howdy all 

Car(s): 1964 sedan
Jason here,
My father rally raced Belletts a very long time ago..... He still loves them today . My first car was a 64 sedan which I still have today. I learned to drive it when I was about 12. That was 35 years ago.
I still remember the day that I saw Kens GT , when I was driving out near Cleveland, I could not believe that there was more than one Bellett getting around, then he invited me over to check out his other GT!!
I took mine off the road with all the intentions of restoring it. However time, kids,mortgage........:(
I have kept her garaged for the past 14 years and have only done minor repairs to the front panel
It's been at the in laws for many years and finally they have got the shites and want it gone.
Knowing this time would come, I thought that I would get in contact with Ken again, I did a search and found this forum and then learned of his passing. I could not beleive it and my heart goes out to the family.
I want my car to go to a good family, and after reading a lot of the posts I'm sure I can find a home for her.
I'll put a for sale up soon
Regards Jason

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 am

Car(s): not enough!
Welcome Jason :D :)

nice to meet you! :P

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thats sad :cry: It's family

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Gday Jason,

Welcome.

This forum is full of great people who would look after your Sedan very well mate.

Neil

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
Hi Jason and welcome,
Sounds like your introduction to Ken was a bit like mine. A man we all miss greatly.
Sad to hear you have to let go of a faithful ol' friend.
I have a real soft spot for the old tear drop model sedans as may here do, no doubt someone could give it a really good home.

Stickman (Geoff)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Welcome Jason, it is good to hear from people with a Bellett background. Please relay any of your experiences with Belletts and stories of Belletts to all of us here on Bellett Net. There are plenty of interested followers.Pics of Belletts in times gone by are really interesting , please put some up if you have any. A pic of you Bellett whether you intend to sell it or not (you may want to keep it and get it back on the road to join all the other Bellett enthusiasts!) will be of interest to everyone.
AnywaY , welcome, and we all hope to hear more from you in the near future.
KB

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi and welcome Jason,
It's great that you found this forum and the beaut group of addicts that frequent it. If you had been able to attend any of the Nationals in recent years, you would see what we mean by 'family'. We have our reunion each year!
You of course be welcome to attend and soak up the Bellett-ness.

It's a shame you have to be parted from the little car after such a long time, but yeah, I'm sure one of us will take care of her.
Thanks for coming to Bellett.net first.
Cheers, Matt.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Hi Jason
I learnt to drive in a 64 sedan as well, but a bit more than 35 years ago. It just wouldn't stop and ended up showing over 330 000 miles when it finally succumbed to the tinworm.

Welcome to the forum
YP

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 am

Car(s): 1964 sedan
Thanks to everyone's welcome messages. The more I look at everyone's cars the more sad I feel about have to give her up
I also have to make an adjustment on my age. I'm only 38, so I started learning to drive it when I was about 11, so that makes it about 27 years ago :D
Jason

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 am

C'mon Jason they are not that hard to get going again and we have a very active group here in qld. If you need some bits they are around ;). A little ruff is ok too but not too ruff we dont want to upset stickman and donkey :lol:.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
RUFF IS TUFF :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]