View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
G'day guys 

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
I have been a member of this forum for some time now, but have not had much time to post anything. Well, the time has come to make the effort.
I have had MANY Belletts in the past and a Wasp, which I realy regret parting with, however I now find myself in posetion of a 1967 GT and a Wasp. Both vehicles are unregistered and need work ( and parts ) , but are garaged and out of the elements.
My Gt was last registered in 1984, and the wasp at least 10 years ago, but both do run. The Gt is going to take a LOT of work to make it roadworthy, the Wasp is just a little rough, but driveable. It wouldn't take much to pass rego, tyres, wiper blades and an idler arm bush are the only things I can see. Of those, the only problem would be the idler arm bush, as I don't imagine I can just go down to the local parts store and order them.
Can any one offer me any sugestions ?
Many thanks.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:47 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi mate you are in good hands a wealth of knowledge from a lot of guys ask the questions and seewhat happens keep active its very addicrive especially once you know theses top guys with the same interest ...reckon a help is post pics of the cars then the guys will know where you are at with them cheers davo

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 am

welcome 67GT.
don't be surprised if a bush is available as most suspension bits for early Rodeo's are exactly the same.
believe it or not, a Wasp is easier to rebuild in this sense than a Bellett!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:26 am

My partner has 2 wasps the idlers were rebushed they are brass bushed. Bhss in brisbane did them for her. tie rod ends,ball joints ect are available a pedders [chev luv] i can forward part numbers if you need them.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

Car(s): not enough!
Hello 67GT

Welcome.... :D

I dont know where you are from......but it would be great if you can make it to our
Bellett Nationals in Oct Merimbula NSW.....HEHE....if you are in Australia. ;)

hope to hear from you soon....

Gary and Monnica

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
G'day back, 67GT. Welcome.
Its great when previously unknown cars and their owners surface! Thanks for letting us know.
It seems the Wasp could be on the road before long, please let us know if you are needing anything as some of us have a few bits & pieces squirreled away.
Is your Wasp a tabletop or tub back?
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Hi Matt,
It is a table top.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:17 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
So.... ANOTHER Wasp has come out of the woodwork! Not a couple of weeks since one appeared on eBay that was previously unknown amongst Bellett club and general knowledge circles!

Welcome to the Forum; hopefully you can get your Wasp on the road soon enough; they love to do stuff. I swear mine is happier when it is hauling greenwaste or recycling to the depot.

I think we must be up to about 18-19 Wasps still about now. That's a LOT considering that about 5 years ago, the collective knowledge was about 1-2 each, because we didn't have a method like this with which to communicate!

Hope to see it on the road! or some photos at least!

Cheers again!

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]