View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Bellett bits wanted. 

Car(s): 2x 1964/5 ' Teardrops' & 1967 Bellett &too many Valiants
Hi All, I am chasing a few parts for a Teardrop sedan to get it back on the road (after 14 years). Not sure how hard the parts I need are,hopefully not too rare :o
I am after :
1) The drivers side original guard mirror- the one with the stalk that curves outwards.
2) 3 original hubcaps (mine are badly dented)
3) 3 inside window winder handles (mine have the plastic knob broken)
4) glovebox lid (mine missing)
5) Original type fuel cap,or info. on what after market one will fit.
Also are the side guard blinkers meant to be white or amber lenses ? mine is an early 64/65 model,so not sure.
Probably need more bits later,as I have just started working on it
Thanks !,
Rod.

Mon May 07, 2012 8:33 am

are the hubcaps standard or deluxe versions?
and the side indicators are curved top orange ones on that model. remember there is a right and a wrong way up to fitting them too!

Mon May 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Not sure ,but I think they are standard hubcaps ? I have shown the worst one.
I also have a '67 Bellett ,and the hubcaps are the same ,but some of those have a slightly sharper outside edge on them,so looks like there may be 2 types .
I didn't realise there were so many blinker lens types! Mine has clear/white curved lenses,and I have some spares that are the same in orange ,and also flat face orange ones as well.
I guess the curved bit goes at the top?

Attachments:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 101.85 KiB | Viewed 15450 times ]
Tue May 08, 2012 9:04 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Hi Rod,
Some bits are hard to get. eg: The guard mirrors.
I have window winders.

Glove box lids with good surface are hard to come by, but I have a few with wrecked vinyl. They are pretty easy to re-cover with foam-backed vinyl though. Good latches are rare as, generally the little catch lug is broken.

Hubbies are often dented or rusty now, but can be re-chromed.

Fuel caps are scarce, but the same on Chev Luvs and Isuzu KBs, Aftermarket non lockers were available in the day, not sure now. It is a small diameter filler hole.

Guard blinkers should all be amber, the white ones are just faded. You can fit an orange globe.
The flat tipped ones were replacements sold during the '70s. And yep, longer curve upwards.
(Amazing how many you see upside-down!)

Keep posting, someone will have bits. ;)
Cheers, Matt.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Hi Rod,
If you still have the handle and the knob with good a good shaft you can repair them.
Using a fine self tapping screw. Not too big that when a hole is drilled in the shaft of the knob to accept screw, it doesn't
foul the handle when it is turned. A flat washer, small enough to sit in the recess of the handle and also have a small hole
in the centre for the screw. Cut the thread with your self tapper. Not with handle on. Do it separate. Use another screw
with a good thread, because the first 1 did its job, and assemble it all together. 2 pack epoxy on screw if your in doubt of
screw unwinding. After all. If you vind the vindow up, you must als be able to vind the vindow down. 'TIME & PATIENCE'.
That is all that is required.

Farmer is right on sidelamps. They are white because of the sun bleaching the colour out. If you are unable to buy orange bulbs, your local auto electrician or Auto accessory shop may be able to supply coloured sheaths to go over bulb. You can get blue and green as well.

If only they designed the gutters of today 30 to 40 years ago. No square face to grind off the tops of your hubcaps. Most of caps around these days dented or scratched. Have a look on Ebay for some sets of Gemini full covers. They're 13 inch, same as Bellett and they're ISUZU. That's if want to have some originallity about your car. Holden Torana Sunbird are also 13 inch and are also ISUZU. I' ve got them on my car. Looks good and sets it off.

Now. I only let these little secrets out slowly. Up here in CQ.we have to utlize what we have.

Happy hunting.

Dave.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:29 pm

they are standard Bellett hubcaps. the deluxe ones are a full cover car and much fancier.
small correction about the side indicators... the flat top ones were factory fitted on late cars. we saw them at the end of the Bellett's life here on the strip tailight cars, making them the rarest type.
and yes, the curve on the curved ones goes to the top.
cheers.

Wed May 09, 2012 1:03 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hey mate i guess like all of us i have 10 caps they are all pretty r/s talk about dinted id like to have seen the wheel rim //// i have 3 red trims not perfect i used one for my blue machine painted it black to match the others , i can take a photo and show what you think possibly postage is a killer hubcaps mate 2 need rechromed and small dints , doorhandles are the same the bakelite piece gets wrecked and chips i have the door pulls and the door handles how many do you want ....cheers davo

Wed May 09, 2012 2:19 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
SORRY, The last one I had i cut a hole in the middle to mount a hose for the garden !

seemed like a good idea at the time though :cry:

Wed May 09, 2012 2:33 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
I have 4 of these -- been stored in the shed since 1979 when I replaced with mags

Not in bad nick

PM me if interested

Cheers

Attachments:
File comment: slight sctratch
003.jpg
003.jpg [ 98.64 KiB | Viewed 15388 times ]
File comment: pitting plus dent
002.jpg
002.jpg [ 97.29 KiB | Viewed 15388 times ]
File comment: all
001.jpg
001.jpg [ 145.17 KiB | Viewed 15388 times ]
File comment: best 4 almost the same
005.jpg
005.jpg [ 98.53 KiB | Viewed 15388 times ]
Wed May 09, 2012 4:05 am

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
nice one .....just what the man needs .... lets get all these little cars up and about my caps would be a waste of a photo after looking at these cheers davo

Wed May 09, 2012 4:12 am

Thanks to all you guys for the advice and parts offered. I have sent a messages to Flying ,Farmer ,and Bullitt ,so hopefully you guys get those,as I am not that crash hot with computers :?
Please let me know if they didn't get through .
Also another Q: The Woodburn '67 Bellett looks to have a new after market windscreen rubber fitted (and new screen), but doesn't look 100% right,and looks like no sealant between glass and rubber !
Leaks like a sieve inside the car :( I guess new correct rubbers are extinct ?

Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 pm

new rubbers WERE available ex Japan, but that source has dried up (so i'm told).
and u need a second mortgage to afford them anyway....

a replacement rubber can be made from a length off something else tho.
a few guys have done that buy taking a sample to a rubber place and matching it.

and ALL Bellett screens must be sealed, or they WILL leak!
i was an "automotive glazier" (read: windscreen fitter) in a former world, and they were designed to have sealer, so they need it.
these cars were built waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before "dry rubber" technology was even thought of.

cheers.

Thu May 10, 2012 3:27 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
An almost exact profile rubber for the rear was available here in aftermarket auto rubber shops. Not sure if still available though.

Possibly could be used in front at a pinch. This is bought by the metere.

glenn

Thu May 10, 2012 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]