View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
All Japan Day 2012 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
A Qn re the blue GT

I see a number of cars ex japan have black engine bays. Was that ever a 'standard' colour in engine bay?

And I love that BLUE also. What is it?
It looks different to the blue from early sedans.

glenn

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

nope.
all Bellett's, sedan GT or otherwise, were body colour in the engine and boot areas.
a good example of this are the GT-R's. they were their respective body colour with a black bonnet and the rest, and while the return of the front guard's mounts were black as well, the engine bay was still body colour.
any Bellett with a black engine bay has been done that way by an owner, unless it's a factory black car of course, like the sedan i have here, but that WHOLE car is black!

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:14 am

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Hey guys, just seen this post and it's about time to answer it.

Good question, and thanks for the vote on the blue Glenn. Top answer too PR91. The engine migration I did on this GT was done in a barn, some time before it was taken to Jamestown Crash for painting. Hence the mat black spray can job to freshen up the engine bay before the replacement donk went in. The original engine bay colour was like the original panel paint but very dirty and crazed so it needed some sprucing up at the time.

That blue is a metallic 2 pack, applied back in 1992. At the time it was called Honda blue. The closest match you can find these days is called Volkswagon blue. It also came with a code when I bought some to touch up with.

B.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4