View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Joe from California 

Car(s): '68 Chevelle, '97 Nissan S14, '71 1800GT, '72 1800GTN
Hello everyone, great to finally be a fellow bellett owner.

My name is Joe Perdoni and I am from the northern part of the San Francisco bay area. I bought my 68 chevelle at 17 and have been wrenching ever since, mostly out of necessity. I have worked at most of the auto parts stores in the area as well as a few dealerships. My family owns a bodyshop, 2 tow companies, a repo company and an engine machine shop. I have bounced around a few professions, however I always come back to the cars.

At the moment I have too many projects to work on, but thats how it goes. I work on all my own vehicles and am always of the opinion that "it can be done".

I have access to wrecking yards and tow yards that may contain models you folks don't have in your neck of the woods. Please dont hesitate to ask if there is anything you'd like me to keep an eye out for.

Glad to be here, happy racing
Joe

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:06 am

Hi Joe
We have plans to visit the states in 2015 with another bellett couple. With this in mind and for tax perposes i will be having the need to visit a large tow show and take some time out to be visiting a couple of tow operators while in the u.s.a ;) ;) . P.S i would rather talk belletts than tow trucks.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 am

Car(s): 1970 opel gt, 1965 type 3 VW custom ute
hi joe,
I know what you mean about to many projects,
my Opel GT came from california. It might be handy knowing someone in sunny california america has an amazing reprodution parts market.
Whats the go with your bellet?
I am new to this forum to, but I can tell it has really helpful members.
Welcome
happy belleting and other projects

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Car(s): '68 Chevelle, '97 Nissan S14, '71 1800GT, '72 1800GTN
Gtorphan I'm sure I could arrange for you to meet a few people in the business if you end up In our area.
There are a few yearly shows as well as an annual "repo-rodeo" that is right near Disneyland!!

Alex I have looked at this Bellett over my fence for near 20 years. My neighbor surprisingly gave up plans to fix it and another that he had elsewhere. I am moving to a new shop after new years and plan on driving one of these by march.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:10 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Great to have you aboard Joe. Its good to see more Belletts surfacing in the U.S. Please show us photos of the cars, and your fix up work. We may be able to help with smaller parts.
Cheers, Matt. :)

Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]