View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Nationals of the Future 

everyone... Gricey and i have just had a chat on the phone and all good. we're putting our collective heads together and it'll make for a bloody awesome event with what Cheryl and he have in mind as well as us lot, no matter where the event does up!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 am

Car(s): not enough!
wwwooohhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

very excitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

wetting our pants with excitement here! :lol: :o :( :shock:

heheheheh...just thought we'd throw that in........

fantastic all......so glad the enthusiasim is going strong!!!!!!

love ya all !!!!!!!! :D ;)

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:33 am
Profile YIM WWW

We know 2015 is in a bit over a month in Qld.
A couple of us were thinking Bathurst for 2016, but that's now happening on the Vic / NSW border in Albury.

Any ideas for 2017, or are we getting ahead of ourselves?

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:47 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
PR91 wrote:
We know 2015 is in a bit over a month in Qld.
A couple of us were thinking Bathurst for 2016, but that's now happening on the Vic / NSW border in Albury.

Any ideas for 2017, or are we getting ahead of ourselves?

Maybe,..... but you have to think about these things. Its Bay to Birdwood classic year again....hint.

I dont get your new signature...... :?

Cheers, Matt.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 am

Or somewhere totally new that we haven't been too before.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
Bathurst ....is pretty centreal to everyone ....north south east west ...?

Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:02 am

That was my idea for 2016 rod, and would have been rite on 50 years since the last belletts raced there too, but as usual, people had a whinge about it..... Albury was proposed at the same time, so I withdrew the Bathurst idea.
Suit me tho as it's about 5 hours closer, and from what I know already, it'll be a bloody good event.
Problem is with locations that are hours from where anybody willing to organise it is that it's very difficult to just get it all done..... So we need somewhere nearby.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Wherever its at, I will be going there! ;)

Nothing wrong with Bathurst, closest owners are probably me, DaveM and Alan. Might have to have a chat to them as I am a rubbish organiser.
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Had a suggested location given to me this morning......

Victoria, specifically the Great Ocean Road.
Idea is that the event would start at one end and finish at the other over a few days.

Now obviously this is only a suggestion, but I think it has merit.
We've never been near that part of the world, will be half way ish between Melbourne and Adelaide and not far for the Tassie boys as well.
Only down side is the distance for eastern and northern NSW, and more so, Qld.
Other thing is that with 2016 being in Albury, it's a big drive from Qld 2 years in a row..... But maybe that gives an opening to return to Qld a year later again?

Anyway, just putting the idea out there for discussion, so over to you.
Cheers.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:52 am

A very beautiful part of the country, and what a great crooooooooze! A stream of Belletts all snaking their way westward, and plenty of stopping points. I can almost see it now.
:D Matt.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 am

That was the general idea in a nutshell Matt.

Was described as, basically, met at one end, cruise the road (ranked as one of the world most beautiful scenic routes), few stops on the way, end up at the base for the dinner and show n shine, local sights inc a fantastic car museumb, etc.

Personally, I luv the idea.
The proposal has come from someone with extensive events and promotion experience too, so I reckon it'll be a ripper.
What does everyone else think, especially of the location considering the points I raised earlier?

Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I think it's hilarious that you southerners seem to think the distance is a "down side" :lol: :lol: :lol:
You folks just don't get it........ that is the BEST PART OF IT!!!
If it were held in Perth the distance could never be too far away and the road trip could never last long enough.

Have it down south every year!
At least that way we have a pretty good chance of getting all the southerners there....... maybe.... possibly :?
Nah who am I kidding ;)

At least you know there will always be a family of Q'landers road tripping together to get there (living the dream)

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

What I find agrovating Stickman is that some still don't understand that the event has to be made accessible for all...... Especially when a massive of amount of time and effort is put into the event for everyone else and some still what to throw comments about but don't contribute to anything to actually helping.
Some will travel every year. You and I are alike in that, but some either won't or simply can't, so that's why it's open to discussion about where it should be.
And BTW, the your "southerners" comments should be encompassing a lot more than just the south. I suggest you take a good look around.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Car(s): PR91 1967 GT, PR20 1966 1/2 with GT Goodies
Well for what it's worth I think it's a great idea
I have cruised the road before and it is a rip-snorter!
Perfect for Bellett convoy

I am planning on making Albury and Vic sounds great as well
Cheers
J
(Pseudo Tasmanian)

To increase the fun, add a hair dryer

Last edited by Asroc66 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
It's all tongue in cheek B ;) as I know that there are plenty in QLD that don't or can't make the trips just as there are plenty down south who dearly want to, but reality says - no you can't.
It's as the saying goes "you can please some people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all the time"

I don't intend to offend...... I just love to stir the pot :D (because my kettle is black)

Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:00 am
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Always tounge in cheek, and i DO like a black kettle, Sticko :lol: :lol:

But you're on the money here, some who would like to be there, and can't. Bring on retirement and it will be a diffrent story, Mate.

And credit to ya, and others who road trip it to the end of the world every year!! It's inspirational.

Here's my calender....By chance of being in Brissie at the same time this year, there is compulsion to be in or near Toowoomba, or wherever people are for Sunday.

Albury is penciled in for 2016, and from early words with some gurus down here, there will be a road trip......whoooohhooooo!!
Maybe from a historic point of view, Bathurst may have been more appropriate, and YES, I would personally have gone the extra mile to be there.

Longer term, who knows.....but if I ain't in a six foot box by then....and global "warming" hasn't eaten away at the Southern Coast.....Bring on Great Ocean Road 8-) 8-)

Cheers, Brooom Brooom.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Yeah the Great Ocean Rd is a sweeeeet sweeeet drive, some of us QLDers (the Mollers and myself) drove home after the SA Nats via the G.O.R
There were a few others in convoy initially but the weather was cold, wet and wildly windy (in a nut shell - PERFECT) so they peeled off and headed home the boring way..... straight up the h/way
Till this day it has to be one of my most memorable drives.
Especially our overnight stay in a cabin at the Twelve Apostles, with the wood fire going and the company of my beloved Bellett family we made diner from scraps we had left in the 3 cars. It was the perfect return road trip

I'd go as far as saying
BEST ROAD TRIP EVER!!!

Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

What a picture you paint, Sticky!
Our whole family cruised the most of it in Doris on the way home in 2009. We left it at Lorne to take in some of the Otways and a visit to Kerry and Ann-Marie's. Such a great trip and a family time I will always remember. That poor little car was so stuffed-full of gear and people! Can't do that again as we don't all fit anymore. :(
:idea: Just have to bring 2 cars! Rhys might have one on the road by then. ;) And, Milli will have her learner's permit.
Like you, just love driving them. Almost feel 17 again.
But I do understand the time and monetary expense. Not everyone can manage it. I am very fortunate to have Tracy who enjoys seeing me have fun. :D 8-)

Cheers, Matt.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:00 am

I'll have a junior on L plates by then too......
And don't worry, she's already got her ride picked out, no matter where we go.
She's just pissed that she misses out on L's by a few months for Albury.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:13 am

Future Nationals will be revealed at Albury in a few weeks.
Exciting times in our world seem to continue.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next