View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
HILLMAN GAZELLE 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
HI GUYS ANYONE INTERESTED HAD A FRIEND RING TODAY SAYING HIS MATE WANTED TO SELL HIS 67 HILLMAN GAZELLE 1725 CC MOTOR SAME AS THE HUNTER ALSO 4 SPEED WITH O/D REGD..QLD ..LIGHT BROWN IN COLOUR HOTWIRES NEEDS A BIT OF LOVIN I CAN GET PICS HE IS ASKING $2000 ANYONE INTO HILLMANS PM ME CHEERS DAVO

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Davo . The Hilman would suit you . Your into tits and wheels . :lol: . Gricey

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Car(s): Hillman (Bellett ancestor), Rallied a Bellett in the 1970s, Owned a Gemini, Bellett GTR 1:43
Just catching up with some stuff I missed. Gazelles were actually pretty good cars in their day. They used the alloy head motor from the Sunbeam Rapier, and had a nice walnut dash. One won its class in the Sandown 3 hour in 1968 and lead it's class at Bathurst the same year for 2 hours before an engine failure. It was competing against Datsun 1600s which were lighter and had more power and IRS.

Someone I know in Adelaide has an immaculate one with a Holbay cylinder head, twin 40 mm Webers etc, and a local friend is building a similar car.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]