View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
67 GT 

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
^^^ A brown Ass-scort?

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:40 am

Car(s): Had 1965 1500 and grew up with GT 1600 +1800's
OMG thats Abelhard! Hes gone to heaven now :( Just a few months ago. Lucky Dad was away at the time so he didnt have the gruelling task of burying him :( ...... Theres so many deceased cars and deceased animals on that property! Pot luck what you find if you dig up there lol... Thanks for the pic, I will steal it and share it with Dad :)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:21 am
Profile YIM

PR95 wrote:
Looks ok, nice and clean around the tower, shame rear window is gone,lot of work but will be worth it. Good luck and keep us posted'
Regards Geoff

Believe me, Dad was beyond Angry, The grand kids nearly got chucked out of his will for that one!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 am
Profile YIM

I didnt see this post as I went AWOL after you guys purchased the stuff from Dads. I'm so touched *tears and all* that you have named your car Darryl! Thank you, it really means a lot to me. I will endeavour to stay tuned as Darryl is brought back to life! :)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 am
Profile YIM

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
i might have missed something here..[not unusual]... is the car now restored?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:17 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Hi glenn, hi simmy,
no car is not restored yet. This gt has become parts donor for the the pr90 shell I bought from dave in sa last year. Engine is half complete, should be finished this year. Shell will be getting sandblastted before xmas and rear quarters replaced. Will be spending next year on the body work. Will be keeping the shell from simmys dad but it has alot of rust in all the wrong places. Have been sidetracked lately by the green twin cam teardrop sedan I bought from vic a couple years ago. Have been working it this lately and expect it to be on the road before end of year. Have just finished the tp magna brake conversion, now working on new interior. Will put some photos up when the sedan is ready. Also working on a red gt interior but the gt seat designs are not really meant for beginners in motor trimming so they may take a while. Looking forward to next years gt body project, will start putting photos up whenit starts to pick up pace. Of course it wll still be named darryl as it will still be half of his car. Please pass the photos on to him when they start to come through simmy.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
claws wrote:
Hi glenn, hi simmy,
no car is not restored yet. This gt has become parts donor for the the pr90 shell I bought from dave in sa last year. Engine is half complete, should be finished this year. Shell will be getting sandblastted before xmas and rear quarters replaced. Will be spending next year on the body work. Will be keeping the shell from simmys dad but it has alot of rust in all the wrong places. Have been sidetracked lately by the green twin cam teardrop sedan I bought from vic a couple years ago. Have been working it this lately and expect it to be on the road before end of year. Have just finished the tp magna brake conversion, now working on new interior. Will put some photos up when the sedan is ready. Also working on a red gt interior but the gt seat designs are not really meant for beginners in motor trimming so they may take a while. Looking forward to next years gt body project, will start putting photos up whenit starts to pick up pace. Of course it wll still be named darryl as it will still be half of his car. Please pass the photos on to him when they start to come through simmy.

Hi
good news its being worked on.
I also wondered about the Green sedan as it came from very close to me here and and a number of BCCV members worked on that rebuild at the time.. Can you tell us what you did re the TP conversion and some pictures too. I have been looking into that conversion but it seems that the calipers on the green car were different to the TP Magna ones i pickup. Any ideas on what exact model calipers may have come from? The TP ones I have do not lend them selves to a simple fitting bracket of reasonable strength.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Hi Glenn,
will get back to you next week with some detailed photos of brakes next week. I used the callipers I got with car. was told they were TP but I don't know if there are variations within TP range. I did buy a TP recon kit for callipers which fitted and TP pads which fitted. I do have to go to wreckers next week to get shimmy clips to hold brake pads in position so I am guessing I will be finding out if there is any variations on callipers. I may also still have to increase offset on the bracket for calliper but that wont be till after brakes are tested when car is mobile at end of year. Once sorted out I can get copies of offset brackets made, am also recording every nut and bolt I have used and then you should have an easy conversion.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:40 am

claws wrote:
Hi Glenn,
will get back to you next week with some detailed photos of brakes next week. I used the callipers I got with car. was told they were TP but I don't know if there are variations within TP range. I did buy a TP recon kit for callipers which fitted and TP pads which fitted. I do have to go to wreckers next week to get shimmy clips to hold brake pads in position so I am guessing I will be finding out if there is any variations on callipers. I may also still have to increase offset on the bracket for calliper but that wont be till after brakes are tested when car is mobile at end of year. Once sorted out I can get copies of offset brackets made, am also recording every nut and bolt I have used and then you should have an easy conversion.

great, interesting on the calipers as they appear to be different to ones i got off a TP Magna. Perhaps there are some variations of them.
Look forward to pics when you are able.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 am
Profile WWW

claws wrote:
Hi glenn, hi simmy,

I certainly will pass on the pics! Thanks for update!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:29 am
Profile YIM

Finished yet? lol

Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:58 am
Profile YIM

Checking in for updates on Darryl?

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 am
Profile YIM

Hi simmy,

Have a look at my other thread “PR90 resto begins”

It’s not the body from your dads farm, that was too rusty, but everything else that’s going onto that body is from your dads car.
There won’t be a lot more work on it till about next February as I’m building another car at the moment but keep an eye on it, it will be picking up pace next year.

Regards Craig

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2