View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Holden rodeo gearbox conversion 

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
Can anybody who has done one of these conversions give some help. I have a rodeo 5 speed mounted onto my twin cam but don't have the correct tailshaft front piece to fit into the gearbox and don't know what year rodeo it is from. It should have 18 teeth for the part that slides into gearbox but don't know what year that is. All I know is that a 1989 TF is not the correct tail shaft, it has 27 teeth on it.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
claws wrote:
Can anybody who has done one of these conversions give some help. I have a rodeo 5 speed mounted onto my twin cam but don't have the correct tailshaft front piece to fit into the gearbox and don't know what year rodeo it is from. It should have 18 teeth for the part that slides into gearbox but don't know what year that is. All I know is that a 1989 TF is not the correct tail shaft, it has 27 teeth on it.

while i have done this conversion way back, I lucked in on the tailshaft. they threw one in on the deal.

From memory there are two tailshafts for a Bellett, with different spline count. fine and course?

But, the old Bellett tailshaft i have in the shed is not right one either for Rodeo box

I did a hydraulic conversion for the clutch, bit of mucking about, but you can use cable clutch from a Gemini. Need to fabricate an extension on the pedal with a 'hook' for the cable end. Have done that with Gemini engine & 5 speed before.
Afraid that's about all i can tell you but I will be interested to know what shaft you get as I have a DOHC & 5 speed sitting around also.......

EDIT here's link for Rodeo model http://www.bellett.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2674&p=26133&hilit=rodeo#p26133

Attachments:
20150322_162146.jpg
20150322_162146.jpg [ 21.6 KiB | Viewed 8067 times ]

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:30 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Claws

Found this post :
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/tech/vie ... d&start=15

You could ask Elky from Gem Wreck on the Sunshine coast I am sure he would be able to help you

Cheers Flying

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]