View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
"Sport" Bellett sedan 

Car(s): Gt Bellett, Rover 90, Rover 75 ,327 hk Monaro, 307 ht Ute, Mazda 6 wagon.
where is the hot rod?

Mon May 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
yes different doors ? ...and funny spot for garden tap .....? :oops:

Tue May 12, 2015 8:36 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
Generally put at the water meter when water is first connected so that the concreters , brickies etc. have water during construction .Fairly normal practice in Victoria.
KB

Tue May 12, 2015 9:06 am

Car(s): 68gt coupe , 98 toyota prado
Victoria is back wards :lol: ....new houses they have them on house at front in tas ...... :lol: .....or where the owner wants them lol ...normal water meters are usually ...left or right side of block :lol: .....but who cares ....nice house cheers

Tue May 12, 2015 9:48 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
we have no say where the meter/tap goes in front. Its dependant on the road construction as they put in the main water pipes and feeders to each lot..... its usually in the middle. Would make much more sense to be on opposite side the driveway but who sasy there is any common sense in the designs of roads..

Have now moved out totally from the old place as of last friday. Had 5cu meters plus of stuff taken away in a skip... accumulation of 25 years.

The Sport did a sterling job for the move. I should now treat it to a wash i think.
A million things to do here now. And not Bellett related either. :(

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:22 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
In Rye Park we stick our pipes and taps wherever we want........cause we own 'em. We dig the dam, or sink the bore, or run a line from the creek. We put a tank on the hill, install the solar pump, and put up a wind generator as back up. Its not anyone elses decision. I like that.

Glad your all shifted in. The nest is built, but still wants feathering. Enjoy that bit. Bellett fun will be along.
Also glad the Sport stayed with the task, shows the young lady that its practical as well as beautiful!

You booked for the Nats? Come on now. Sporty needs a reward for all that toteing, to hang out with a whole bunch of mates. So do you.

Cheers, Matt.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
doubtfull re Nats.... My mother in law came to Adelaide but her health is now bad and we can't leave her here alone.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:33 am
Profile WWW

an update on Speedo's

Mine reads slow by quite a bit. Pulled it apart again and adjusted the little lever. Pics show where its located (near the spring).

In one picture I removed the Odometer wheels, so that it might be clearer.

In general, pushing DOWN on that lever on rh side makes the needle read higher. Be careful as the metal is very thin. Don't slip into the spring either or you will ruin it.

My speedo reads about 15kph slow. It shows 86 at 100kph ! A lot. Just how much to adjust it depends on the error. I pushed mine down with a small flat blade screwdriver about 2mm or so. I am yet to test it but will report back later. If you press too far down it will hit the trip meter digits. Don't do that.

Ideally if you have a helper and a known speed device (eg GPS units often have a speedo in them) then you could have the speedo opened up but connected to the speedo cable and have the helper adjust it as you drive...... NOT EASY though. Be careful. Alternate is to do a little at a time with the speedo out of the panel so you can stop, adjust it, then try it again..... when happy refit it to the panel.

glenn

Attachments:
Speedo_regulator_arm_1.JPG
Speedo_regulator_arm_1.JPG [ 170.74 KiB | Viewed 44583 times ]
Speedo_regulator_.JPG
Speedo_regulator_.JPG [ 149.98 KiB | Viewed 44583 times ]

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Excellent info Glenn
iPhones have an excellent speedo app which can help. Or others.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 am

An update on the Sport......

The pics above and work on the Speedo to free up the odometer wheels worked well for some time.

But, and there is always a BUT, on the trip up to the Albury Nats last year, it near exploded in front of me about half way.... first i thought it was the motor losing a piston or something drastic, such was the noise, but no speed was lost so then discovered the speedo wrapped itself right around and no, i wasn't going that fast.

From then on it made horrible noises so the cable was disconnected and the Nats enjoyed.

When I got home i looked inside to see the shaft had come out of the bearing and then wobbled around, destroying all. A right mess.

I left it like that for a while thinking i could just fit the internals of a '71 Sedan speedo but no, they are totally different and major surgery would be needed. While I didn't mind the work i did before, trying to make or adapt a new bearing and shaft would be difficult.

So the short story is i took it to be repaired at a well know Speedo Repair place in Melbourne. After almost 3 months, I finally got it back last week. They adapted some other internals for the Speedo section, keeping the Odometer........ It's now longer by about 12mm but that doesn't matter. As for price.....sky high! [Contrary to their initial estimate.] They told me the plastic speedo housing was cracked with age, and eventually moved enough to let the bearing go.

glenn

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:09 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Good onya for perservering mate. Shame about the cost though, I probably would have just fitted a mph one.
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 am

Farmer wrote:
Good onya for perservering mate. Shame about the cost though, I probably would have just fitted a mph one.
Cheers, Matt.

Hi Matt..... guess i was a bit anal about having the same speedo look, it has a fine white pointer. And kph ! Plus, the initial quote was very reasonable, at least compared to what it ended up costing.

I have it back in the car now and will do a road test when the damm rain stops here.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

As you may have seen on another thread, my clutch appears to have decided its had enough. It was making a bit of noise for some time and finally let go. Although I didn't know the source of the noise.

I have a new clutch plate. I will get the pressure plate etc reco'd also and from distant memory think an MGB type fits. But that can be confirmed later.

Trying to find out what thrust bearing will fit?

this one? 24TK308a

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Glenn wrote:
As you may have seen on another thread, my clutch appears to have decided its had enough. It was making a bit of noise for some time and finally let go. Although I didn't know the source of the noise.

I have a new clutch plate. I will get the pressure plate etc reco'd also and from distant memory think an MGB type fits. But that can be confirmed later.

this one? 24TK308a

Hi Glenn.
Have you removed the clutch yet. :?: . Reason I'm asking is that the clutches changed in '67 from lever type to diaphragm and the throw out carrier and bearing also changed. I think you should remove it before chasing parts.
Clutch Industries have a kit R1513n that fits GT's from '66 to '68. Florians from '68 to '71 and Chev. LUV KB20 up to 12/72. I have 1 of them here. Anticipating fitting to my convertible with the G161SS. I will double check tomorrow to
make sure it is the same. If not it could go into the white PR91 that I have. But I don't think it needs 1.
My contact number for dimensions is 0488737038. I can text them back to you when required.
Your Sport may even have a Piazza or Gemini clutch in it. :o . Although the Piazza is 225mm and the others are 200mm. You may never know until you strip the clutch out.

Dave.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 pm

CQGT wrote:
Glenn wrote:

this one? 24TK308a

Hi Glenn.
Have you removed the clutch yet. :?: . Reason I'm asking is that the clutches changed in '67 from lever type to diaphragm and the throw out carrier and bearing also changed. I think you should remove it before chasing parts.
Clutch Industries have a kit R1513n that fits GT's from '66 to '68. Florians from '68 to '71 and Chev. LUV KB20 up to 12/72. I have 1 of them here. Anticipating fitting to my convertible with the G161SS. I will double check tomorrow to
make sure it is the same. If not it could go into the white PR91 that I have. But I don't think it needs 1.
My contact number for dimensions is 0488737038. I can text them back to you when required.
Your Sport may even have a Piazza or Gemini clutch in it. :o . Although the Piazza is 225mm and the others are 200mm. You may never know until you strip the clutch out.

Dave.

No Dave, not yet. Maybe in new year. Unsure how i will do it, pull motor and box or just the box. Thanks for the info on the clutch changes. Not planning to buy anything yet. Will wait till it's out.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Glenn wrote:

this one? 24TK308a

24TK308A [GSB324] is sedan. 24TK308B [GSB323] is GT, LUV, Florian. All the diaphragm clutches.
Checked the GT G161 clutch yesterday and it looks like I'm going to have to buy another clutch kit.
Not much facing left on the disc and the center is loose.

Dave.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm

CQGT wrote:
Glenn wrote:

this one? 24TK308a

24TK308A [GSB324] is sedan. 24TK308B [GSB323] is GT, LUV, Florian. All the diaphragm clutches.
Checked the GT G161 clutch yesterday and it looks like I'm going to have to buy another clutch kit.
Not much facing left on the disc and the center is loose.

Dave.

Thanks for the info Dave. Most likely i will take whats left to a place called BGT Brakes in Dandenong who have done clutches for me before. And other BCCV members too, they know Belletts.

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

Update on the Clutch.

After sitting in the shed since last year and trying to find a mechanic who would do the job, it's finally being fixed.

(A number of mechanics refused to work on it for fear of not getting parts etc) I'm a bit past pulling out clutches etc these days and finally found a guy to do it, a friend of a friend etc..... Monday it was towed to the very young mechanics shop and yesterday they told me the clutch plate was well worn but that a spring had dropped out of the pressure Plate. No parts worries, a brake shop over the road has sourced new parts plus thrust bearing and machined the flywheel. Possibly have it back late this week.

Turns out the guy who owns the tow truck used to have a Bellett Sedan with a rotary in it and took some pictures for old times sake.

glenn

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:48 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 GT Bellett
Hi Glenn

Thats good news about your clutch :)

Out of interest - did you have the 6 bolt flywheel with the 225 mm Clutch?

Cheers Flying

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:58 am

flying wrote:
Hi Glenn

Thats good news about your clutch :)

Out of interest - did you have the 6 bolt flywheel with the 225 mm Clutch?

Cheers Flying

I don't know. But was told its not same as a normal OHV engined Bellett. I will see the parts when i pick it up.
glenn

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next