View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Historic Sandown. Nov 6 - 8. This weekend. 

No doubt I'm wasting my time here..... But Historic Sandown is this weekend.
There's a sedan out there on display in front of the grandstand, and a GT in the pit paddock on Saturday.
A few BCCV members will be about all weekend too.
Over 400 classic race cars are in action, with Sunday seeing another 400 or so classics on display.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
No doubt I'm wasting my time here..... But Historic Sandown is this weekend.
There's a sedan out there on display in front of the grandstand, and another in the pit paddock.
A few BCCV members wi be about all weekend too.
Over 400 classic race cars are in action, with Sunday seeing another 400 or so classics on display.

sorry Brett, a bit late notice for me this weekend.

glenn

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:53 pm
Profile WWW

Has been advertised enuf elsewhere.
Was just a reminder.

Passenger ride today and weekend tickets went begging......

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:11 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
Has been advertised enuf elsewhere.
Was just a reminder.

Passenger ride today and weekend tickets went begging......

been so busy with the new place, other stuff has not been on the radar

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:51 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Life is way busy. But you do gotta stop sometimes and smell the roses......or polish.......or tyresmoke.
We had a great family day yesterday at Classic Yass, our local car club festival. Tracy made and served scones for morning teas to raise funds for Rye Park school. Rhys and Milli helped with serving.
After lunch we swooned over 150 sweet cars, talked to owners, and watched billy cart races. Some take those seriously, with face down head first carts with wind fairings. The winner of the open section came from Melbourne to compete.
I left my phone number on my windscreen in case anyone had any Belletts/Wasps/Florians that needed a home. Lo and behold a fella rings me and gives me directions to a lonely Wasp just near Canberra. Styleside! Going for a drive this week. ;)
Then, to cap it off, I get presented with the trophy for 'Most Original Car'! :shock: but :D

Six days shall you work, one day shall you rest.
Cheers, Matt.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:24 pm
Well done Wasp Hunter (we should call you the Exterminator). Hope you get the style side your after.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Gunna wrote:
Well done Wasp Hunter (we should call you the Exterminator). Hope you get the style side your after.

I just cant stand the thought of it all alone in a paddock. He needs to be with others of his kind! Or who knows, maybe he is loved and just needs some spare part to get him back on the road. Might be another fan to bring to the Albury Nats!
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:45 am

Back on topic plz.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 pm

PR91 wrote:
Back on topic plz.

Brett

I passed by Sandown on way home from my appointments about 1pm...... i drove in briefly and was amazed how many cars there.. both in the Pits and spectators........BIG event.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 am
Profile WWW

Sorry. Digressor Matt!
Hope you had fun there, got any pics to post?
Cheers, Matt.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 am

Always a big event Glenn. Great cars and atmosphere.
A Bellett always gets good attention, so why more people than me won't go is beyond me..... You put your car in and they give u a free weekend pass. With the event being "access all areas", it's got far more than other events offer, and doesn't cost.....
Always plenty of pics about Matt. Again, well received by the crowds.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Car(s): see user name
My GT got a lot of attention too - & I was almost hidden at the other end of the pits . Even some of the sports sedan guys ( who were opposite me ) came over to tell me how they admired it ! It was a bit annoying tho' hearing the same old joke - they seemed to think I would actually tow the race tyre trailer to the track & were lookihg for the towbar (I don't have one )

p.s. I took the camera - forgot to use it !!

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:30 am
Profile WWW

And yet there's a certain yellow one in the sports sedan ranks and they don't know what it is..... :roll:

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]