View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
door rubbers 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
hi guys who has found the equivelant to the little rubber that goes under the doors on the sedan ALSO RUNS AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE REAR DOORS AND UP A LITTLE WAY mine are brittle is this a cant find or who has ?? anyone out there been there done that ?? cheers davo they are in a small channel as well will get a photo on here

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:25 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
did you check at Clarke Rubber?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:33 am
Profile WWW

i went to another rubber shop he had nothing close come on guys who knows ??? cheers davo

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:02 am

thank you glenn ....

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:03 am

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, Morris Minor 1000
There is a mob up there in qld that have rubbers. They often go to the swap meets.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:06 am

talk to me who and where and what have the rubbers ...davo

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:54 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
BULLITT wrote:
talk to me who and where and what have the rubbers ...davo

Dave
try here also
http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/ISUZU%20BELLET%201963%20-%2073.htm << Bellett listing

This page is listing for Bellett but if you can take some good prhotos of the end of the rubber with a ruler next to it, they may have some thing as they deal in many cars rubbers.

They used to have a shop near my old workplace, but its closed down as Internet is the way of things these days.

check the catalogues too for pictures: http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/catalogue.htm

eg
Door Seals Hard Rubber & Draft Excluders
Door Seal Sponge By The Metre - Page 15
Door Seal Sponge By The Metre - Page 16
Door Seal Sponge By The Metre - Page 17
Door Seal Sponge By The Metre - Page 18
Door Seal Sponge By The Metre - Page 19
Door Seal Sponge By The Metre - Page 20

worth a look thru other pages too as you might find some other rubbers that can be used on a Bellett

glenn

Last edited by Glenn on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

thanks again glenn ..have a great day

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:27 pm

BULLITT wrote:
thanks again glenn ..have a great day

dave i added a bit more to above post

off the subject a bit but those in SA might check out this company. For restoring GT disk brake pistons perhaps

-
“machining -precision’’
Hardchrome Services, Unit 1a, 135 Mooringe Avenue, Camden Park 5038 Ph:8295 2822

Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:47 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Retroasted wrote:
There is a mob up there in qld that have rubbers. They often go to the swap meets.

Hi Davo and everyone watching this post.
This company was originally in Enoggera. They sold the business and the new owner transferred to Brendale. When last time I was talking to them they were in the throws of going to Bundaberg. I believe they are at Moore Park Beach. Just north of Bundy. Business sales by internet only.
I bought most of my rubbers from them when they were at Enoggera.
The rubber for the bottom of the door is a very tight squeeze between the door and the sill. It fits in the channel ok. and if you recall getting into my sedan and having to "SLAM" it shut. Even after I tell everyone that it's ok. to do it. Sticky will be able to testify that. Have been blaming the main seals for ages, and then realizing after three years that it wasn't them and it had to be something else. I've since removed them and don't have to slam the door as hard. The seals on the back doors are still on the car. I will be looking at putting the fronts back on with a modification or smaller seals.
Clark Rubber have the same part number but I don't really know if it is the same. Most rubber suppliers source their products from one or two manufacturers and use a common industry part number. 260.024 is the number. You can google their web. and what I've been told you may be able to compare actual size by using the screen or printing it off.
Here are a few part numbers for those who are in the process of upgrading their cars.
Door opening weatherstrip. 260.035. The windlace or pinchweld. 320.001.
Boot weatherstrip. 260.067. This has to be glued onto the boot. Same as original. Use a good glue. Something which will take a high temp. Fairly obvious.
You may be able to buy all these from 'SCOTTSAUTORUBBER'. as well.
Glass run channel. 39506 for stainless (deluxe) and 38961 standard. Both from Clark Rubber. I urethaned these in place after after cutting to suit. And with the door tops off of the car. Much easier. Too old to be a contorsionist and standing on my head.

Happy searching and fitting everyone.

Dave.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:09 am

CQGT wrote:
Retroasted wrote:

Hi Davo and everyone watching this post.
This company was originally in Enoggera. They sold the business and the new owner transferred to Brendale. When last time I was talking to them they were in the throws of going to Bundaberg. I believe they are at Moore Park Beach. Just north of Bundy. Business sales by internet only.
I bought most of my rubbers from them when they were at Enoggera.
The rubber for the bottom of the door is a very tight squeeze between the door and the sill. It fits in the channel ok. and if you recall getting into my sedan and having to "SLAM" it shut. Even after I tell everyone that it's ok. to do it. Sticky will be able to testify that. Have been blaming the main seals for ages, and then realizing after three years that it wasn't them and it had to be something else. I've since removed them and don't have to slam the door as hard. The seals on the back doors are still on the car. I will be looking at putting the fronts back on with a modification or smaller seals.
Clark Rubber have the same part number but I don't really know if it is the same. Most rubber suppliers source their products from one or two manufacturers and use a common industry part number. 260.024 is the number. You can google their web. and what I've been told you may be able to compare actual size by using the screen or printing it off.
Here are a few part numbers for those who are in the process of upgrading their cars.
Door opening weatherstrip. 260.035. The windlace or pinchweld. 320.001.
Boot weatherstrip. 260.067. This has to be glued onto the boot. Same as original. Use a good glue. Something which will take a high temp. Fairly obvious.
You may be able to buy all these from 'SCOTTSAUTORUBBER'. as well.
Glass run channel. 39506 for stainless (deluxe) and 38961 standard. Both from Clark Rubber. I urethaned these in place after after cutting to suit. And with the door tops off of the car. Much easier. Too old to be a contorsionist and standing on my head.

Happy searching and fitting everyone.

Dave.

great info.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:23 am
Profile WWW

all good bits are avail

Last edited by BULLITT on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 am

While on the subject of rubbers, any known items suitable for sedan front and rear quarter glass.

Ted

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
[quote="Teditor"]While on the subject of rubbers, any known items suitable for sedan front and rear quarter glass.
Hi Ted.
This is something that I have been chasing for the past 20 or so years. And I've come up empty handed. Most of the wrecking yards have all late model cars and the shape and design is not in them. I have a wrecking yard in Gracemere, just outside Rocky, that I frequent. You can go into the net and search their site. Every time they list an addition and it is pre 1990 I check it out. Even thought about removing the strips and doing some "cut and shut" on them. A lot of the manufacturers removed the quarter glass area and have a one piece front door glass. Hence the difficulty accessing the seals. I'm still working on it.
Someone may know of an alternative.

Dave.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Teditor wrote:
While on the subject of rubbers, any known items suitable for sedan front and rear quarter glass.

Ted

check their catalogue here also. I can't recll exact profile of the rubbers but there is "U" shape don in here that maybe can be glued tother to make something

Quarter Vent Seal - Page 7

Quarter Vent Seal - Page 8

Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
CQGT wrote:
Teditor wrote:
Hi Ted.
This is something that I have been chasing for the past 20 or so years. And I've come up empty handed. Most of the wrecking yards have all late model cars and the shape and design is not in them. I have a wrecking yard in Gracemere, just outside Rocky, that I frequent. You can go into the net and search their site. Every time they list an addition and it is pre 1990 I check it out. Even thought about removing the strips and doing some "cut and shut" on them. A lot of the manufacturers removed the quarter glass area and have a one piece front door glass. Hence the difficulty accessing the seals. I'm still working on it.
Someone may know of an alternative.

Dave.

Seems I've never managed to wear any of these out! They might be a bit crackly, but they keep the water out. ;)
If the wind whistles, you just fold a bif of paper and close it under the catch. (But take it out for the show!)

Dave mate, you are the part number master! Good onya!
I have just taken a sample of what I need into ACT foam and rubber. Got Shrek some pinch weld and side window scrapers and bailey channel that fit perfectly. Then I went back for some door seals for Dobby the Elf. They had the same profile. Its a good shop.
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Glenn.
Thanks for the support. Took me a while to get everything, approx 2 years, but I got the parts and all were correct first time. With Brissy. 7 hours from home, it wasn't get on your bike and ride round and check them out.

A word of warning re part numbers. Although the companies may use the same number. Check the profile before ordering. If you order them and are incorrect, it is YOURS. No refunds. Example. WP1001 is a waterpump that was available for the G161s [SOHC>] from Repco. PWP1001 is a waterpump that was manufactured by Protex for the G161 in the Chev. LUV. Two different pumps to suit two different engines. :o The industry number being WP1001. :?

Yes Matt. Good thinking. Take a sample. Got it right first go. And both projects are the same. YEE. HAA. :lol:
Happy hunting.

Dave.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]