View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
GT disks 

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
This a real long shot, based only on data from the DBA Catalogue.

The 2001-2004 Daewoo Lacetti model and maybe Nubira appears to have near ideal solid disk rotor size for a GT in the solid listed. (check height though) Centre would need to be turned out as its only 60mm. Maybe even the vented one could be a candidate for a conversion.
Lacetti at least is a 114.3 PCD x 4 stud. Not sure about Nubira.

Obviously one would need much more info than this, but a visit to a wreckers would quickly verify one way or the other. (The Daewoo disk would need to fit over the GT hub)

Attachments:
DBA_Brakes.jpg
DBA_Brakes.jpg [ 193.72 KiB | Viewed 15899 times ]

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:16 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Glenn,
I wouldn't get my hopes up on that working. Earlier this year I left a GT rotor with Bursons in an attempt to get something that might work. They sent it off ( and nearly lost it ) but did not get a match.
So unless their suppliers didn't look at what could be slightly modified to suit, then I think we are out of luck.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:50 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
67GT wrote:
Glenn,
I wouldn't get my hopes up on that working. Earlier this year I left a GT rotor with Bursons in an attempt to get something that might work. They sent it off ( and nearly lost it ) but did not get a match.
So unless their suppliers didn't look at what could be slightly modified to suit, then I think we are out of luck.

Yes its a problem for sure. When I got a set of GT disks made a few years back they modified and existing tool to make them. Never found out what that tooling was for though and the owner of the comp[any died just after I got the sample set of GT disks made. Pity.

One problem though is that they may try to match it exactly, which is not likely. Especially since GT rotor has 4 tapped holes. But it might be safer bet to find one that slips over the hub instead.... hence my looking over the catalog !

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): see user name
I sent a GT disc thru Better Brakes to RDA Aust tech department - they sent it back 'cos it was too hard to
look !!!

Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:27 am
Profile WWW

toomanybelletts wrote:
I sent a GT disc thru Better Brakes to RDA Aust tech department - they sent it back 'cos it was too hard to
look !!!

did you try DBA, Craig?

maybe promise 100 sets to be made.... ;) ;)

Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:04 am
Profile WWW

Or take the GT stuff off, put it all on the shelf for posterity, and use the conversion that's already been developed and engineer approved.....

Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:00 am

PR91 wrote:
Or take the GT stuff off, put it all on the shelf for posterity, and use the conversion that's already been developed and engineer approved.....

that's definately the way to go. Funny though, i have been checking wreckers web pages in last few days while browsing DBA etc catalogues and the donor cars are getting to be in shorter supply. Hopefully that could change soon as stock varies a lot.

I actually had a set myself of the basic bits but somehow got lost in the move to here 18mths ago......

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]