View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
End of the world 

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
2012 supposed to be end of the world safest place to be is inland. Guess where we are all going to be. Gricey

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Car(s): 2 GT Belletts bellett sedan . Florian.gt project.fj Holden. Gemini.lc gtr.datsun240 z
Think I will bring my floaties. Gricey :lol:

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
I thought you were already there, isn't Albury the end of the world? :D

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:37 pm

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
Well...
We were supposed to have an earthquake that would split North America in half in 1990.
Global warming was supposed to make Nebraska into beach front property, and now it's already snowing across the south and east in October.
My Y2K mob pacification supplies remain unused and unopened.

The end of the world has always been something to look forward to. Once the computers all blow up and society collapsed, I could forget about all those credit card bills. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all, so no one should count on that one.

So everyone down on the other side of the world is heading for safety in Alice Springs?
My bet for the safest place in Australia would be "THE BIG WAREHOUSE IN MELBOURNE", since that's where they keep all the important stuff that is needed immediately. But make sure you leave early, because we all know that "THE BIG WAREHOUSE IN MELBOURNE" is always "TWO TO FOUR WEEKS AWAY".

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Ha! That's true. Unless you live in Melbourne; then that warehouse is in any other city that is a minimum of 800km... and two weeks' by post away.

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:02 pm
Profile WWW

see, living in Melbourne, we don't worry about the delivery times....
we just go there and pick the stuff up!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 pm

BULLSHIT :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 pm

no BS here son.... :lol:
might even sneek a camera for ya when i visit next time.... but only if you're a good boy!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 pm

:D BULLSHIT :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

We already know that if you order the part outside Melbourne, they tell you that it is in the BIG MELBOURNE WAREHOUSE (said in a loud, baritone voice with echo sound effect and reverberation), two to four weeks away.
And now Dave is telling us that if you are actually in Melbourne, maybe even standing at the counter inside the BIG MELBOURNE WAREHOUSE (said in a loud, baritone voice with echo sound effect and reverberation), and order the same part, they will tell you that it is in an outlying warehouse, and it is also two to four weeks away.

I'm confused.
Either,
None of these warehouses are allowed to sell out of the stock they have in their building and that stock is reserved specifically to ship to another warehouse...
Or,
You are implying that the man standing behind the counter is lying to us.

You just destroyed my entire world view and belief in the inherent good nature of humanity and kindness in the heart of my fellow man.

That might stack right up there with buying parts from the dealership.
Rule number one: You will pay for everything you order that is delivered, or you will be invited not to come back an order anything ever again.
So you place an order for four pistons and four sets of rings. AND, they deliver three pistons and three sets of rings, and the message that all of these items have been discontinued and they delivered to you all of that was left. This is not enough to put into your engine, but you are obliged to pay for them and take them home to sit on your shelf, or thee alternative is that you will never order anything again.

The end is nigh!

Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 am

or the other alternative JT, is that the Melbourne warehouse is as mythical as the unicorn and all this is just banter for comedic value.....

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:09 am

Geoff.... is that BS to getting a photo, or being a good boy?
but the saying "some from column A and some from column B" rings in my ears right now!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

I have it from the highest authority, "Top Men", that this is actual video from inside the BIG WAREHOUSE IN MELBOURNE-orne-orne-orne-orne!!!!!!! (earth shakes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:16 am

I'd say both, and I bet if you went into the BIG BIG wharehouse in Melbourne, that it would be in the Big wharehouse in Sydney!! Its never never never in Brisbane. Maybe Adrlaide, I would hate to live in Perth. :?

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:19 am

Car(s): 3x1965 PR20(Donkey, Jenny n Bundy) 1 1969 PR20(Percy) 2 1968 PR20(Eugine n GT Donor) 1 1968 PR91 GT, 1 1965 Wasp
I once went to a big warehouse to pick an order......

It took me two to four weeks to get home though! :roll:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:35 am
Profile YIM WWW

well....
there was the infamous Sydney warehouse containing 4 tonne of Bellett stuff until early this year, so maybe that's where the Melbourne/Sydney confusion comes from....

and yes....
this ain't a myth....
and yes....
i wrote was....

but no....
i'm ain't in possession of said 4 tonne now!
:lol:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:44 am

JT191 wrote:
I have it from the highest authority, "Top Men", that this is actual video from inside the BIG WAREHOUSE IN MELBOURNE-orne-orne-orne-orne!!!!!!! (earth shakes).

get Indy on the job.
he'll get the results we need!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:46 am

PR91 wrote:
JT191 wrote:

get Indy on the job.
he'll get the results we need!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw, you missed the punch line.

Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The archaeologist rescues the Ark of the Covenant from the evil Germans who wanted to use it as a weapon to take over the world. The archaeologist turns over the Ark to the US Government, and then wants to make sure the US Government is going to treat the artifact/weapon responsibly. The government official assures the archaeologist that "We have top men working on it."
Scene change, and the Ark is being lowered into a nondescript and unmarked wooden crate. A filing code number is stenciled onto the side of the crate, with the words "Top Secret". The crate is then wheeled down a long corridor and into a vast warehouse, makes a left turn, and is presumably filed away somewhere in a dark corner of a government warehouse, never to be seen or heard of again.

This was of course filmed, on location, at the "BIG WAREHOUSE IN MELBOURNE".

And all those parts that that take two to four weeks to arrive to anywhere, are in fact stored right between the Ark of the Covenant and probably the Holy Grail, in that big warehouse seen in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:37 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
PR91 wrote:
well....
there was the infamous Sydney warehouse containing 4 tonne of Bellett stuff until early this year, so maybe that's where the Melbourne/Sydney confusion comes from....

and yes....
this ain't a myth....
and yes....
i wrote was....

but no....
i'm ain't in possession of said 4 tonne now!
:lol:

;)

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:57 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Not quite off topic, but yesterday I had to order a points file in to an auto-parts store.

I kinda though, despite the ancient technology of points, that a points file would be there. You know, coz they're pretty small and don't take up much real estate on the shelf.

Anyway, its in, so better go around, pick it up and get filing (Ratter points are getting a bit crusty).

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next