View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Posting a picture on Bellett.net 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hi people,

A couple of you have asked me how to post a picture on Bellett.net .

It's not too hard, but I want to give some step-by-step instructions for those of you who are new to the world of computers and forums.

Step 1:

Scroll down under the text box where you type your stuff, and also under the Options check boxes (eg the 'Attach a signature' check box) to the 'Upload attachment' area. There should be a 'Browse...' button. See below:

Attachment:
Instructions - 01.jpg
Instructions - 01.jpg [ 76.37 KiB | Viewed 13572 times ]

Step 2:

Clicking on this will open a 'File Upload' box

Attachment:
Instructions - 02.jpg
Instructions - 02.jpg [ 77.62 KiB | Viewed 13572 times ]

Step 3:

Clicking on or typing in your file name (eg: Instructions - 01.jpg in my case) will place it in the 'Filename' bar next to the 'browse' button.

You then must click 'Add the file'.

Attachment:
Instructions - 03.jpg
Instructions - 03.jpg [ 84.75 KiB | Viewed 13572 times ]

This will momentarily bring up another box that simply says 'The upload is currently in process'. After a few seconds (or more depending on the file size), the box will disappear and you will be looking at the top of your post (ie the page will be scolled to the top). Scroll down and you should see the FILE NAME of the picture (not the picture itself) - see below:

Attachment:
Instructions - 04.jpg
Instructions - 04.jpg [ 80.44 KiB | Viewed 13573 times ]

Repeat Steps 1-3 this if you wish to add more photos.

When you hit 'Preview' or 'Submit', you should see your post and it's picture in all it's glory!

ADVANCED INSTRUCTIONS FOR MULTIPLE PICTURES....

If you wish to post several pictures, they probably won't come out in the order you expected. If this is important (eg you're showing a build, 'before & after' shots etc ), then you'll need to use these instructions to put them in order.

Assuming you've repeated steps 1-3 and added several pictures....

Step 4

Click on the drop-down box directly below the text box (this is above the Options check boxes). See below:

Attachment:
Instructions - 05.jpg
Instructions - 05.jpg [ 93.65 KiB | Viewed 13568 times ]

Step 5

Choose your file name and press 'Place inline' button (make sure the cursor is blinking on the screen at the point where you want the picture to appear).

This will put some text into your post; these instructions tell the forum machine what pictures to put where. Don't worry too much about what the attachment number is; etc. If you make a mistake, just delete it like regular text (or if you want to move it, you can cut + paste).

Attachment:
Instructions - 06.jpg
Instructions - 06.jpg [ 100.89 KiB | Viewed 13568 times ]

If you have uploaded more pictures than you 'place inline' the forum will post the remaining pictures at the end, so your pictures will appear even without the "['attachment=0]Instructions - 06.jpg[/attachment'] text there.

So there you go. It's as easy as 1-2-3 (4-5)!!!!

If you have any questions just reply or PM me or something!

Now I can get back to putting up pictures of Belletts!

I hope that was helpful.

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Thank-you, Dave. My mouse pad should be a big 'L' plate! Is there a trick for putting the little picture below 'Author' in posts? And how about the strip like your "collect the whole set"? - I don't even know how to make photos smaller, and our camera is 8 megapixiethingies. Thanks for saving me doing a coarse!
Matt.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:48 am
Site Admin

Car(s): Gemini TX Coupe G200W Delco EFI, Gemini TX sedan (SR20DET, track car), Dato 1200 Ute, Subaru Blitzen Wagon (4th gen)
Hi Famer, the little picture on the left you are talking about is called your "avatar". To set it, look up the top of the page just under the bellett badge where it says "user control panel". Click there.

Then on the left, under "options" click "profile".

This will show a couple of menu items, one is "edit avatar". Click there.

Maximum image size is 150x150. You will need to some kind of paint program on your computer to edit your picture down to this size. Since it's quite small its often a good idea to some kind of cut/scissors/crop tool to chop off the edge of the picture, or even just cut it down to a part, so that its still recognisable at that size. Once you have this file, click browse, choose it from your hard disk, and click the "submit" button.

If the file resolution, format and size is OK (25kbyte maximum filesize - also quite small), you will now have a picture under your name around the forum. If there is a problem with the image the forum will tell you what it is, and you'll need to fix it and try again.

The strip you are talking about is the dave has done as a signature. If you look on the left hand side of the user control panel, the menu option just above the "edit avatar" is "edit signature". Click this and you get an edit box, where you can put a line of text, change font colour, size etc.

Dave has generated the strip with tools on cardomain I think. If your feeling adventurous you could try this, and somehow it will provide a link to the image, like daves. cardomain call it a "permalink" and it looks like

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/813000-813999/813297_16_full.jpg

To make it appear as an image in your signature, put [img]in front of it and[/img] after it, so it comes out:

[img]http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/813000-813999/813297_16_full.jpg[/img]

Good luck! :)

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
Thanks Dave, As I've got to get some up in "my Bellett". But also like some, still crawling in nappies and haven't mastered walking on the PC yet.

Cheers

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Bump - for Gerry. Cheers mate!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:58 am

Car(s): 1970 Bellett, 1968 Bellett, Triumph Stag, 1940 Traction Avant, T Ford 1938 Pontiac plus the usual modern stuff
Thanks Dave
I just discovered these instructions- most helpful.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:44 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Photo editing software is free...

www.filehippo.com and browse down on the right hand green to find this link Faststone Image Viewer

http://www.filehippo.com/download_fasts ... ge_viewer/

it is real easy to use and it does lots of stuf including re-sizing and batch re-naming etc.

and the site has great other free stuff as well

OZ

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]