View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Linkage for Carbie 

Car(s): LS1 Powered EJ Special
I'm chasing a linkage set up for Bella as part of the carbie replacement as the car was set up with a cable.

If anyone has a spare original carbie linkage set up from the pedal to the carbie that they are willing to part with could you please reach out. Thanks

Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:56 am

Car(s): 1967 Bellett Auto Sedan
Hello Jeff, I've just noticed your post, hope I'm not too late. I have a linkage from pedal to carbie, but it's a '68 and they use bulkhead brackets with rubber grommets in them which don't need oiling as distinct from the '67 linkage which has brackets with bushes which do. I've added some pictures. I also have the little stirrup and spring which goes on the carbie shaft and the bracket which goes on the bulkhead to hold the other end of the linkage from bulkhead to carbie but they are a little deeper in the shed so might take some more time to find. Hope this is a little help. Regards, Steve

Attachments:
68 Bellett Throttle linkage 1.jpg
68 Bellett Throttle linkage 1.jpg [ 3.87 MiB | Viewed 3764 times ]
68 Bellett Throttle Linkage 2.jpg
68 Bellett Throttle Linkage 2.jpg [ 3.18 MiB | Viewed 3764 times ]
68 Bellett Throttle Linkage 3.jpg
68 Bellett Throttle Linkage 3.jpg [ 3.31 MiB | Viewed 3764 times ]

Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:44 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR20 Auto wrote:
Hello Jeff, I've just noticed your post, hope I'm not too late. I have a linkage from pedal to carbie, but it's a '68 and they use bulkhead brackets with rubber grommets in them which don't need oiling as distinct from the '67 linkage which has brackets with bushes which do. I've added some pictures. I also have the little stirrup and spring which goes on the carbie shaft and the bracket which goes on the bulkhead to hold the other end of the linkage from bulkhead to carbie but they are a little deeper in the shed so might take some more time to find. Hope this is a little help. Regards, Steve

On one of my Bellett builds, I separated the shaft from the end bracket, then (aftre having it all plated) fitted nylon bushes into both brackets. Then welded the end bracket back on.

As it happens the nylon bushes in a Gemini accell. pedal fit nicely.

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:37 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
Glenn wrote:
PR20 Auto wrote:

On one of my Bellett builds, I separated the shaft from the end bracket, then (aftre having it all plated) fitted nylon bushes into both brackets. Then welded the end bracket back on.

As it happens the nylon bushes in a Gemini accell. pedal fit nicely.
You could of course get some turned up, with a groove in one side for a circlip retainer.

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]