View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Chrome windscreen inserts. 

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Hi Guys,
I would like to get the chrome inserts for the front windscreen rubber on my Wasp. Does anyone if they are available any where ?
If they aren't readily available, would anyone out there have any that are surplus to there requirements ?
thanks

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 am

Car(s): Bellett GT, Bellett Sedan, Prince Skyline GT, Porsche tractor, Lanz Bulldog, 996 Carrera 4,Prince Miler,
I may be wrong , but I do not think that the Australian delivered Wasps had the chrome windscreen rubber insert. In Japan, I think that some did together with chrome hub caps etc. . I reckon we got the "pauper pack" model here. What do others think or know.

KB

Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 am

Car(s): 67 Bellett Auto Sedan, 65 Wasp, 73 Chev Luv, 1/2 A Chev Luv, VX Commodore
The rubber on mine has been changed so no joy there!
A few of the others on Bellett.net appear to have them but would have been full retsos so not sure of originality!
Dave's which is all original appears to have an insert but is black (his has chrome hub caps too)
BUT all the pics I have or can find dont give me enough detail.
So hope Dave can shed some light!!
Also Knowing Isuzu there could have been both!

Josh

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:33 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Wasps I have known did not have the chrome insert. I reckon it was just a cost saver, or to make Belletts more special than their commercial counterparts. The 3 I have dont have it. Theres no reason not to add it though, makes the rubber look less massive. I believe it is impossible to fit with the screen in the car, it can even be difficult with the rubber on the bench. I'm told the method is to fit the chrome first, then mount the screen.

I'd have a strip here someplace! Should I add it to your order? ;)

Cheers, Matt.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:33 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Farmer if you do that would be great. The reason I am looking for it, is to make the new rubbers fit better. The glaziers told me at the time that it really needed them to help hold the rubber firmer. As it is now with no chrome inserts, the rubber just doesn't sit right, especially around the corners.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
OK no worries, finding one today. I will bring it on the weekend.
Cheers, Matt.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:12 pm

No Aussie Wasp had the chrome strip from new.
The rubber is the same as an early sedan tho.

Best bet is a whole early sedan rubber with the strips in place, and swap your screen into that.
Believe me..... you will be there for days trying to get the strips into your existing rubber, and it is impossible to do while its in the car so you have to remove it anyway.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:56 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
Agree with the having mould in rubber before fitting. I put a new glass into my old rubber and did not find out that the
bottom LH corner popped out. :( Do you think I could fix it. No. Tried all sorts of ways. 2 screwdrivers. Wires with hooks.
Etc. Etc................In the end I gave up.

Dave.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
CQGT wrote:
Agree with the having mould in rubber before fitting. I put a new glass into my old rubber and did not find out that the
bottom LH corner popped out. :( Do you think I could fix it. No. Tried all sorts of ways. 2 screwdrivers. Wires with hooks.
Etc. Etc................In the end I gave up.

Dave.

Its a long time since i fitted the inserts but it was done using cord, just like you do for fitting the rubber into the car. Smaller cord though !

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the feed back. Matt did supply me with a chrome insert, and I have not attempted yet to fit it. As I am planning (kinda started) the GT rebuild this year, I will be getting my glass man out to remove the screens from the GT, and I will get him to sort out the Wasp at the same time. Not something that I want to make a mess of, by not having the right tools for the job.
Thanks.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]