View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SPOTTED !! 

Car(s): 1964 GT Isuzu Bellett
I know the "spotted" forum no longer exists, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's becoming more apparent how thin we are on the ground, and you would expect to see mustangs, MGs, and even zephirs on the streets of Adelaide South Oz with much more regularity than any Bellett.

But guess what dudes and dudettes.........Ahaaa, SPOTTED :D

At 11:30 am on Wednesday the 7th, I get a text from son Brad who is being driven to the barber in prospect by my better half. It reads "Bellett at junction Prospect and Grand Junction roads".

That evening I asked for a description and instantly pieced together who's lovely specimin it was. Sedan, dark metallic brow/grey, red interior and Brad remembered letters REY on rego plate. Apparently the dude driving it was young though, maybe his son, hell he's game.

This gentleman also featured his GT on Bay to Birdwood / Nationals weekend last year. The first I knew about his Belletts (especially the white GT) was when I first took both kids to John and George the barbers on Prospect road in early 2009.
I was in the blue beastie, and John the barber instantly recognised it as GT Bellett saying the gent around the corner owned one too and was minta.

So here's some pics of the SPOTTED sedan, dug up from my little (but growing) Bellett archive stash.

Attachments:
8.jpg
8.jpg [ 38.17 KiB | Viewed 5071 times ]
10.jpg
10.jpg [ 36.07 KiB | Viewed 5069 times ]
close up.jpg
close up.jpg [ 32.53 KiB | Viewed 5069 times ]
grey.jpg
grey.jpg [ 41 KiB | Viewed 5068 times ]
Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 am

i'll stand corrected too, but are u sure the white GT owner and the sedan owner are 1 in the same?
from memeory, 'andrew' owns the sedan u have there, and 'henry' owns the GT, while 'henry' also owns a sedan, but a different car to this 1.
dave...............??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

and well spotted to little B!!
good to see that the younger ones, like your 'lil B' there, my 'lil B' here, etc, are taking a strong interest in our cars, so that they will live on after we've all gone.
god, my 'lil B' already refers to MY GT as HER GT!!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 am

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Yeah all true regarding who owns what where!

I get that too; mates say to me: hey I saw a Bellett and it was blah colour and was driving around blah area and I'm like "oh yeah, that's blah blahs car".

Last time I saw a Bellett I didn't already know randomly on the street was a couple of years ago.

And uh, "random Bellett pics" still exists!!! But coz this one is a known vehicle and a mystery Japanese Bellett, we'll just leave it here.

Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]