View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Bellett at Centre Rd Wreckers 

Hi Guys

I am an early Corolla person myself, but thought you may be interested to know there is an almost complete cream coloured Bellett at Centre Rd Pickapart wreckers in Clayton Victoria as of Sunday morning. Looked in quite good condition

Don't ask me what model and I will probably not be back on here anytime soon.

Was in the back left hand corner.

There was another one there up until a couple of months ago also but that's gone.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:16 am

many thanks for the heads up parrot.

we will "investigate".

cheers!!

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 am

Car(s): BellettGT, Wasp, Florian, Piazza, Jackaroo
It was fairly good condition but with a blown head gasket or seized engine.
Early teardrop sedan maybe from NSW (ICCA sticker), hardbolted steering rack (whitemetal bushes), column shift converted to 4 speed manual (MSA), Gemini front seats (or similar); G180S SOHC (side inspection plate; cam carried in cover) single carby, st'd drums etc.
The usual front turret rust bit otherwise surprisingly good except for RH door & dings down RH side.

Now gone: all lights (except at least one clear side indicator), switches, glovebox lock, fuel sender, meters, G180S oil pressure sender & gauge, G180S block & mounts, flywheel with clutch, carby.
Still there (Tues 23Dec08): doors, bonnet, bootlid, fuel tank, gearbox-shafts-diff & all suspension, drums etc, steering rack, G180S head (rust on cam lobes), side handbrake (benchseat style).

Things worth getting: ha - wot's left?
Steering rack if not worn (it felt ok, but wheels in air etc; usually wear far less than later bronze bush racks).
Maybe the front seat brackets (bolt into st'd floorpan but extend seating rearward for new (Gemini?) seats).
Fuel tank (albeit without sender, seemed ok).
Front wheel hubs if every one has thrown out their formerly useless drum hubs.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:20 am

they want $700 for the car as is last Monday (21/12)... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

car is the ex Ben Seifert sedan that was in Canberra. came to melbourne after Ben passed away about 10 years ago.
was owned by an ex BCCV member, but disappeared a couple of years ago.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:22 am

$700! Ha - it's only worth $50 now as scrap. And if it's like many recent sedans (till say 12 months ago), it's another "give us $50 and we'll tow it away".
The underside is now a bit of a mess from the lifting including when the block was extracted.
The front crossmember was cut & welded instead of replacing the Florian sump with a Piazza/Bellett/GeminiZZ* sump. (That makes engine-only extraction "impossible".)

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Car(s): Impulse -85, racing Bellett -67 1,5-liter 5-speed, GEO Storm -93 1,8 16V DOHC
Hello Peter!

Did you get my e-mail? I sent it to that adress you sent me. You can e-mail direct to me anttipellonpaa@hotmail.com

Antti

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:52 am

Yep - got it. I sent a belated reply recently.....
Kittos. (Djävla stavning?)

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]