View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Swapping a Isuzu engine into my Opel GT 

Car(s): 1970 opel gt, 1965 type 3 VW custom ute
Hoping for some help. I have a g200w I bought years ago but need a gearbox and associated parts.
I'm not fussy 4sp is fine. I have been told a Bellett box will fit but don't know if they all fit.
It' just not something I have experience with, but I am keen to get my car on the road with the twincam.
I am south of Brisbane If someone is close that would be a plus.
Thanks

Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:48 pm

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gt alex wrote:
Hoping for some help. I have a g200w I bought years ago but need a gearbox and associated parts.
I'm not fussy 4sp is fine. I have been told a Bellett box will fit but don't know if they all fit.
It' just not something I have experience with, but I am keen to get my car on the road with the twincam.
I am south of Brisbane If someone is close that would be a plus.
Thanks

Hi, my aging memory is that the G200W is the DOHC engine. I had an early 117 DOHC engine (red top) and fitted a Rodeo gear box to it, 5 speed. Starter is on the correct side for the gearbox. I had to do a few things to get the clutch working but nothing hard. Long time back i did this.
You might need to be creative with the gear shift lever to bring it out in your tunnel hole. In my case I used a remote shifter mechanism from a genuine DOHC gearbox. (very hard to find)
glenn

Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:50 am
Profile WWW

Car(s): 1970 opel gt, 1965 type 3 VW custom ute
Hi, my aging memory is that the G200W is the DOHC engine. I had an early 117 DOHC engine (red top) and fitted a Rodeo gear box to it, 5 speed. Starter is on the correct side for the gearbox. I had to do a few things to get the clutch working but nothing hard. Long time back i did this.
You might need to be creative with the gear shift lever to bring it out in your tunnel hole. In my case I used a remote shifter mechanism from a genuine DOHC gearbox. (very hard to find)
glenn[/quote]

Thanks for that reply, I just picked up some 4 spd Bellett boxes from Dean outside Ipswich I may go 5 spd later If I find one but these will get my project underway

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:01 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
gt alex wrote:
glenn

Thanks for that reply, I just picked up some 4 spd Bellett boxes from Dean outside Ipswich I may go 5 spd later If I find one but these will get my project underway[/quote]

Thats great, keep us posted on the project.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]