View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Belletts and Wasps are still used in current advertising 

Car(s): Bellett GT,
Even today in modern commercials you can spot some Belletts and some Wasps if you look hard enough, check out this ad of the new D-max ute featuring old classics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6t_AZOmXFg

The above link should take you to youtube, look closely at 0:07 seconds for the teardrop tail light bellett, he wishes he still had his, and at 0:05 seconds for a wasp.

Cheers, Gerry's son :ugeek: :mrgreen: :?

Thu May 13, 2010 9:37 am

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
That's a lot different from the American campaign after they discontinued the cars. The slogan was something like "We don't even make cars". They wiped all reference to the cars off the website and denied ever having anything to do with anything but pickups and SUVs.

That Australian commercial covers Florian, Piazza, even the Gemini RB COA concept. But not the last generation Gemini. It looked like they had quite a few of the earlier cars that were not sold in Australia. But even so, it seems a lot more true to the feelings of the manufacturer than the US distributor.

Thu May 13, 2010 12:58 pm

:shock: :shock:
awesome awesome find gerry junior!

honestly, i can't figure isuzu out with this adverstising....
i was looking at them a while back, and mentioned my isuzu collection, especially the Wasp, being the d-max's granddaddy, and just got blank looks....
when i spoke to head isuzu aust. head office about the d-max, i even offered my Wasp for any adverstising they may want to do, all free of charge (for the fun of it from my point of view), and got silence.... then they use their heritage with the Wasp in their ads......... :roll:
lol!

Thu May 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
FAN - TASTIC :o That's a proper ad! Rhys was watching the footy this arvo & he calls "Dad Dad, There's Belletts on T.V.!!" "In an ad for the D-Max!" So I watch for a while and - nothing! No repeat - just football of some sort. :roll: Strange, waiting to see an ad! I should have known there would be a link in here. Thanks young Gerry. :D
The second frame in the ad is a TX 550 6 ton truck - the first Isuzu I ever saw & rode in, then there's a 2 ton Elf, (Dennis had one) and Belletts and a Wasp - It's like a trip through our backyard in St Mary's in the Sixtys!!
Thanks D-Max ad guys, Perhaps you've reduced the number of people that ask me "So where do these come from?" 8-)
Cheers, Matt.

Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hmm, Mr IsuzuUTEAustralia wasn't happy when I asked in the comments (username Bellett64) on YouTube if I could have some parts for at least half a dozen of the cars featured!

They marked my comment as SPAM! WTF!??!

Talk about sensitive. "Here are our previous cars. Whatever you do, don't mention them, ask about them or request parts for them or we will ban you".

They only marked my comment as spam on the high-res version. The low-res version (I think the above link goes to that one) got away scot-free. I put the same comment, word-for-word, on both.

Hmm. Confused, would we?

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun May 16, 2010 1:27 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Isuzu DMax LSU, Isuzu MUX, 1979 117 Coupe.
I will be interested to see the reaction of Mr. Bitchy (distributor) on the last comment on the high res.

Peter

Sun May 16, 2010 11:14 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Hey is BELLETTPR you? I only ask as he has some Musso-related videos as well!

But then again, he also has some Lady Gaga-related videos. So maybe not you.

Mon May 17, 2010 6:04 am
Profile WWW

Its me. And I do like Lady Gaga along with Pink, Fats Domino, The Andrews Sisters, Leadbelly, The Dovells, The Chantells, The Moody blues. Don't like Elvis!! I love music.
BTW I also hav ebellett65 but it won't let me in with it.
Peter

Mon May 17, 2010 9:51 am

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
There's even an Elfin in it! Some great pics in the ad.

Good to see the company giving the nod to it's past products to generate some customer loyalty...sounds like their moderator on YouTube needs a slap though, as snubbing 'the fans' might just generate the opposite reaction from lesser fanatics.

I can't imagine what would ever put you of Isuzu's though Dave. :D

Cheerio,
Duane

Mon May 17, 2010 10:15 am

dave wrote:
Hmm, Mr IsuzuUTEAustralia wasn't happy when I asked in the comments (username Bellett64) on YouTube if I could have some parts for at least half a dozen of the cars featured!

They marked my comment as SPAM! WTF!??!

Talk about sensitive. "Here are our previous cars. Whatever you do, don't mention them, ask about them or request parts for them or we will ban you".

They only marked my comment as spam on the high-res version. The low-res version (I think the above link goes to that one) got away scot-free. I put the same comment, word-for-word, on both.

Hmm. Confused, would we?

must be the same guy i spoke to, in person................
from what can make of the comments you got dave.......... "only we (isuzu) can use our old products to promote our new products, but if u even mention them in any way, we'll have u lynched......."
:roll: :roll: :roll:
sounds like they really know how to look after the existing 'isuzu-heads' out there.

Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Location: 12,450 miles away from the Big Warehouse in Melbourne
PR91 wrote:
from what can make of the comments you got dave.......... "only we (isuzu) can use our old products to promote our new products, but if u even mention them in any way, we'll have u lynched......."

The account holder for the video may be the marketing department, or an advertising agency. The About Us page looks incomplete:
http://www.isuzuute.com.au/about-us-isu ... ralia.aspx
It isn't clear if this is an Isuzu owned distribution company, independent, or a large dealership. But any way you look at it, their goal is to sell current product, not sell past products. It's nice to see them build on heritage at least in the commercial, even if they aren't gungho about the past products like the people who own the past products.

If the question is using the pictures, they have copyrights, because someone spent time and money taking pictures, posing vehicles and people, and everything that goes into professional photography. It's not right to steal someone else's work. It's really hard to explain to anyone who doesn't work in a field making something from scratch, like designing, writing, or art. It's hard to draw a parallel when most people take home paycheck for a 40 hour week of work. Maybe one week someone else comes in and claims those forty hours of labor and the person who did the work goes home with no money. Not a smooth analogy. It might be understandable if compared to property, or what they bought or attained as a result of their work and effort. Most people would be a little sore if someone decided to borrow their car, their house, or their wife, without their permission.

Some of the images might have been part of press releases. The rules may be different for those. Press packs that are handed out by car companies at the auto shows and media events are usually marked "For immediate distribution", which may be a full and complete release from any and all copyrights. Those old Tokyo Motor Show press packs seem to be a goldmine of pictures that are free for any use.

Aside from the historic pictures, in most cases, people would be better off using pictures of their own cars, or pictures they take with their own camera. Then, they own the rights to the pictures they took.

Mon May 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Car(s): Peugeot 206 GTi 180, Ford Fiesta, Bond Equipe 2-Litre GT, Mazda R360 Coupe, Nissan CSP-311 Silvia. PAST: Bellett 1600GT
I'm confused, how did this thread get on to the topic of photo copyright? :?

Mon May 17, 2010 11:05 pm

degruch wrote:
I'm confused, how did this thread get on to the topic of photo copyright? :?

We went through all this crap with a site in the US ( Isuzuperformance) when someone called Wayne Kerr or was that Richard Cranium (make your own inference), threatened to sue the site for using the Isuzu stuff. He even had the gaul to tell me that my piccies of my car were the copyright of Isuzu US. I cannot repeat the words I used when I sat up late one night and phoned him. It all blew up after General Motors ordered Isuzu to stop building cars. Theywere such good quality they ate into the domestic GM small car sales. It also alienated Isuzu cars owners in the US. Some dealers would not even honour the warrant claims, few that they were. They ended up fading away and no lawsuits were issued. The site is still very active.

Now back to the ad, I like it.

Peter

Tue May 18, 2010 7:20 am

thanks for return the topic to it's correct subject peter.

is pretty cool that other's from outside the 'bellett-world' are noticing it too, as a car mate who owns holden's called me today about the ad.
does this mean the humble bellett won't be an oddity in the car scene now then....... unfortunatley, i very much doubt it!

Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah everyone who mentions it to me are doing so because they know I'm that weirdo with all them Isuzu things.

Fortunately since this site was set up, I've discovered there are more weirdos with them Isuzu things than I ever thought imaginable!

That ad rules!

Wed May 19, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]