View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
2020 Nationals! 

Car(s): not enough!
https://sway.office.com/OVulnA0xgD2BG7zI
Just click the link and go!
Thanks,
Ross and Emma

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
A big thank you to Ross and Emma for taking on the 2020 Nationals. I'm already looking forward to the big trip west!

I now have a greater appreciation of just what is involved in planning and organising an event like this. I had a few criticisms, but I take them on the chin as they were greatly outweighed by the gratitude and praise offered by those who attended. Not everything goes smoothly, no matter how much effort is put into trying to get it right. But the joy of being with those who make their own fun and choose their attitude to enjoy themselves is life enriching. There really is a family feeling amongst those that love the event, and that family is growing. I see great benefits in an attitude of inclusion.

However and wherever you choose to do things, you will have my full support, please let me know if I can help in any way. Tracy is already planning long service leave, so we can have an extended stay. Yay!
Have fun, don't stress.
Matt.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:05 pm

Car(s): 1969 Isuzu Bellett Sedan, 1995 Toyota Hilux SR5, 2014 Land Rover Discovery XXV
Cool, going to have to be there for this one...

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Car(s): Isuzu DMax LSU, Isuzu MUX, 1979 117 Coupe.
I'm showed out but starting to get ready

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:16 am

Car(s): 1968 Isuzu Bellett Deluxe (Polynesian Blue), 1974 Datsun 240z, 1970 Datsun Fairlady SRL311, 1966 Prince Skyline
Hi All,

Hopefully, everyone has been receiving email updates for Nats 2020... There was a survey to be filled out as well which is indicating about 75 attendees so far!

If you haven't filled out the form let me know and If you think you should be getting emails and haven't please PM me and we can add you to the list!

Looking forward to the Nats in Hahndorf, SA 2020!

Cheers,
Ross.

1971 S30 Datsun 240Z - Race car
1972 S30 Datsun 240Z

For more info, articles and pictures visit http://GarageofAwesome.com.au

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:37 am
Profile WWW

2ldohc wrote:
Hi All,

Hopefully, everyone has been receiving email updates for Nats 2020... There was a survey to be filled out as well which is indicating about 75 attendees so far!

If you haven't filled out the form let me know and If you think you should be getting emails and haven't please PM me and we can add you to the list!

Cheers,
Ross.

I haven't received any emails, this year to date. Unfortunately I am going to have to beg off as I am unable to attend due to other commitments

Peter

Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:34 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
2ldohc wrote:
Hi All,

Cheers,
Ross.

No emails here either.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:33 am
Profile WWW

Won't be there as you know but zero emails here too.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:19 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
PR91 wrote:
Won't be there as you know but zero emails here too.

You might have to update your contact details mate. Wouldn't work last year for me either Apparently.
Contact bellettnats@gmail.com
Cheers, Matt.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am

My email hasn't changed in 17 years and it still works fine.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:48 am

Any news??

Wed May 13, 2020 7:08 am

Rumour has it the 2020 Nats is cancelled. I'll blame Toyota Corona's for it.
I'm hearing there's a proposal to reschedule for the same approx time in 2021, but can't confirm.

A question that needs to be raised is whether anyone already had plans in place to host 2021 tho, because obviously a reschedule would effect that.

Anyone shed any further light on the subject plz?

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 am

Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
PR91 wrote:
Rumour has it the 2020 Nats is cancelled. I'll blame Toyota Corona's for it.
I'm hearing there's a proposal to reschedule for the same approx time in 2021, but can't confirm.

A question that needs to be raised is whether anyone already had plans in place to host 2021 tho, because obviously a reschedule would effect that.

Anyone shed any further light on the subject plz?

This is what Julie sent out (and I put in BCCV Mag) There was an email from the organisers on 16th June too, see below:.

Hello members & friends

BELLETT-ISUZU NATIONALS have been postponed to 25-26 September 2021. If you didn’t get the email from Emma & Ross, let me know & I will forward. We will DEFINITELY participate in the proposed ‘virtual’ Nationals, so even though we won’t be together in Hahndorf, there will be local events over the weekend 25-27 September.

Council of Motor Clubs (CMC) June issue of ‘The Preserve’. Recommended reading for all members who have (or intend to have) vehicles on NSW special rego (HVS / CVS). If you would like relevant pages printed & posted PLEASE ASK!

CMC Committee notes, click here.

SPECIALTY WHEEL: NEW SHOWWHEELS BILLET WHEELS Has sent an advertising email – please ask if you’d like to see it. Click here for their website or phone 0466 651 555

Kind regards, Julie

Hi Everyone,

It is with great sadness that we inform you that the decision has been made to postpone the Bellett Nationals until September 25-26, 2021 due to Covid-19. But we do have plans for a VIRTUAL nationals this year, keep reading!

We have been waiting and watching the developments and despite the indication that borders will open up by the end of July, we feel the best option is to postpone for a year. The commitment to come to a nationals is not small, and Covid-19 has had a financial impact across many sectors of society. That combined with the unknown risk of further lockdowns in the event of the speculated ‘second wave’ has prompted us to make this decision.

The date has been moved to coincide with Bay to Birdwood 2021.

All accommodation bookings have been transferred to 2021 – HOWEVER, those who also booked the Thursday night, please note that due to availability they have been unable to secure the Thursday night.

As mentioned above, we will be working to create a VIRTUAL NATIONALS this year, and let’s see if we can even make it go global!! The details are still being finalised, but there will be merchandise and we aim to get participants to submit a story, photos or ideally a video update. The idea is that we get everyone out and about in their Belletts locally and share updates virtually, we will then compile all this into 1-2 episodes that can be watched online. We are still working out the logistics, but watch this space!

Speak soon,

Emma & Ross

oA-CircleLogo

Emma Smith | Director
Mylor, South Australia

Garage of Awesome (Consulting) | +61

Email : emma@

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:16 am
Profile WWW

Cheers Glenn.
Yet another nationals email i haven't received.
As said tho, simply posponing and now transferring everything is presumptuous as someone else may have put plans for 2021 in place already so there needs to be discussion before anything more is done in my opinion.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Stop whining Brett... just call Emma and do a live email test. Maybe it goes to a promotions or spam mail.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:11 am
Profile WWW

Cheers for your input Lewis.
When you feel like stepping up and contributing to the event in a meaningful way instead of writing comments like "the show and shine doesn't follow the rules" then please do so.
Yes, I read it.... and also remembered it as you accepted trophies in later years under the same rules.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:37 pm

Oh and I have spoken to Emma. My details were not on the list, and there's multiple more people who aren't as well.

I know why.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Woah back! Woooo there! Now breathe.......
That's it.

All I know is, last year when I heard you'd missed mail, I tried to send messages, but didn't get replies, nor non receipt messages. So I don't know which hole they disappeared into. If there were others missing from the list, then I wouldn't have known because, well they'd be missing. We forwarded what we had to Ross and Emma, with amendments for new people and those that asked to be removed.

So with Monn's help put messages on the BCCV Facebook page, the ICCA page, Isuzu Bellett International page and started a 2019 Nats page, as well as on here, the first place I would look. Our aim was to get any Isuzu fans that wanted to attend to the event. Email isn't the only way to make contact we thought, and surely any fans would see the invitation some way.

Always our intention was to be inclusive, and I honestly reckon Ross and Emma would be the same.

Looking forward to Adelaide next year, if Covid allows.
Cheers, Matt.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm

All good there Matt. Was previous years to your event that things were tampered with.
The other forms of media all work OK, but without the email component it makes things more difficult as that how the actual forms and such are handled.
As said, all good. I know where it began so I'm not concerned.
Cheers.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:14 am

Car(s): Bellett GTR, Bellett GT Group N, Isuzu Lotus,
This week, many of us should have been heading to Hahndorf in South Australia for the Bellett-Isuzu Nationals. Postponed – NOT CANCELLED – we’ll head there about this time next year.
So this week – starting Thursday - will be a VIRTUAL NATIONALS. The great advantage is that EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE can participate even if they’ve never been to Nationals before.

First up, there will be a ZOOM get-together, next Friday night – just like a Nationals welcome dinner! So grab a coffee or something stronger, and be ready to logon via your laptop or phone at 8.30pmEST, 8pm AustCT, 6.30pm in WA, for a half hour chat – ok, so not quite like Nats. Make sure your room is well lit so we can see each other; family welcome! You will need to RSVP via email to receive the link. isuzuccaofficial@gmail.com

THEN there is the opportunity to post pics & messages on the separate 2020 Virtual Nationals forum page here. Pics of Cars; Cars & People; Just People – all very welcome.

There is a ‘Private & Hidden Group’ page on Facebook, especially for VIDEOS https://www.facebook.com/groups/3335007016579481. You’ll need to identify yourself to be admitted to the group. A video message from you (&family?) would be terrific, or a tour of your car/garage. This page will be deleted by mid October.

To try to cater to every technical barrier, you will ALSO be able to send photos and messages via: Email: isuzuccaofficial@gmail.com and SMS: 0414 094 567 or via message to the club Facebook page, of course: https://www.facebook.com/ISUZUCARCLUBofAustraliaInc/ They will only be posted here unless you say they should be put on Facebook.

NEXT SUNDAY 27th September from 8.30am Australian Central Time (9am Eastern ST, 11am in WA), livestream the Bay to Birdwood (was to have been part of this year’s Bellett-Isuzu Nationals). www.advertiser.com.au & www.baytobirdwood.com.au/live-stream. I’ll put the link on the club Facebook page too. Look for Susie’s 68 Bellett sedan, Dave’s red ‘ratter’ Bellett sedan & ‘Buick Opel by Isuzu’ – not sure how he’s driving both, Bruno’s metallic blue Bellett GT with hotwire wheels, probably others that I don’t know about.

Hope to 'see' you there!

Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]