View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Hello from Wollongong NSW 

Car(s): 3 eh holdens looking for a bellett. first car I owned at 15uz
Hi all, I have just joined the forum as I have always loved Belletts. I first owned one in 1973 when I was 14 years old, had a friend who helped me buy it from the NRMA carpark in Lidcombe (Sydney) and rebuilt it over the next couple of years till I got my licence. Lost touch with Belletts in my twenties and am now looking to get one again. Its funny when you tell people about them and they have no idea what one looks like.
These are classic cars that more people should know about.
Shoeman

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:03 am

Car(s): 1966 Bellett GT, 1968 Bellett GT, 2017 Subaru Levorg 2.0 GTS
Welcome to our Forum Shoeman! Where you will find everything about Belletts and some other Isuzus too.
I have been around Belletts since I was a youngster as well. I think that's what maintains our interest in them.
I believe there is still a red sedan for sale down in Bega...if you look in the cars for sale listings.
You may just find a new project for yourself. :)

Cheers, Lewis

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome. Maybe a trip to CARnivale on Australia day will wet your appetite also.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
Welcome Shoeman, maybe you would know some of our people who are still in our Group :idea:
As per GT Orphanage comment, come up to Sydney on Australia Day where we will have 20 cars on display of various shapes and models of the Isuzu range ;)
I have only heard one complaint about the Bellett, that was years ago after a story on my car in the NRMA Open Road magazine :roll:

Most people who have had them over the years only have good feelings and comments about the Bellett.
Hoping to meet and see you at CARnivale' 8-)

Last edited by 1968GT on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Hello Shoeman - welcome.

I hope you find a Bellett soon.

Cheers

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
Welcome from me as well, Shoeman. It appears we are the same age, and I too was from Sydney, St Marys.
Dave is right that there may be some familiar faces at CARnivale, and perhaps some contacts to source a car from.
Belletts are as good as you remember, though possibbly smaller!
Hopefully I'll see you, look for the bloke with the beard.
Cheers, Matt.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]