View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Days 1 & 2 - Night is Day, Black is Up. Confusion is real. 

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Firstly let me say that the art of flying properly is dead. No longer is there the need to pack two different novels you’ve been meaning to read, three magazines and a pack of cards.

Nope, now you can watch one of about two hundred movies or TV shows, play one of a dozen little computer games or just sit back and watch Tailcam ™.

The problem is that nobody told me this; so after lugging around two novels, three magazines and a pack of cards, I watched Alice in Wonderland, Lost in Translation, half a documentary on Mark Knoplfer and three episodes of Family Guy.

Of course, this still doesn’t cover the fact that anybody over 5’4” will find attempting to sleep on the plan an excruciating exercise and something I found impossible despite two Temazapams.

Anyway, after a microsleep at the traffic lights followed by a few hours sleep in the hotel and a trip to Taco Bell, I am now fully recharged, in synch with my surroundings and have only tried driving on the wrong side of the road once. Our Lincoln Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition is, indeed the ultimate American road car; large, not overly fast, roomy, plasticy inside and, above all else, column shift. Oh and hideous.

Time to hit a car museum, check out some sights and perhaps score some pot down in Venice beach, THE place to score according to the unprovoked advice of the receptionist at our hotel. Needless to say, we’re not aiming to get deported this week so I'll have to skip the last one.

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:05 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): Isuzu Bellett, VG Commodore Ute, Custom Chopper
Have a great holiday Dave.

Have a "Bud" for me.

Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

Car(s): BA Falcon, 68 Bellett
Venice Beach is supposedly where all the black guys hang out pumping iron !!
Picture of the rental barge, please ;)

Enjoy

Cheers
Rob

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 am

Car(s): 2 '68 Belletts, MX5, Hulux Twincab
Dave,
I don't know if you will be in Los Angeles on a Saturday , but the is a casual car show at Huntington Beach, starting at 6am until about 9am.
It is called Donut Derelics and is held in the carpark of Adams Avenue Donuts on the corner of Magnolia and Adams, Huntington Beach.
By the sound of 'your' Lincoln you will fit in well.
A.J.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Car(s): 1965 Wasp, 1966 Bellett, 1967 Bellett, 1969 Florian, 1973 Bellett GTR, 1976 Buick Opel by Isuzu, 1978 Gemini van
Cool! We will be around the place, however on that morning I have to go and get my wife from the airport and trade our Avis rental Mercury for a Budget rental Mercury due to some confusion with the bookings!

Also, just now I made the executive decision to buy a full-size, wireless USB keyboard. The little three-quarter-sized keyboard on this Acer lappy is a pain the the proverbial! Full props to the Acer Aspire One laptops though - $350 from Harvey Norman and they do everything a Kray supercomputer did in the mid 1980s.

Wild!

Cheers,

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/garageofawesome

Street Machine! Unique Cars! Awesome!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]