View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Bellette GTR Wanted 

Car(s): Toyoat Sport 800 (I own two)
Hi:

I'm looking to buy a Bellette GTR.

I want the nicest, most correct example I can find.

I'm looking for a cosmetically nice, mechanically sorted car without needs.

I'm happy to pay a finders fee for a lead that results in a successful purchase.

Thanks

Mark
mark@mbrinker.com

Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:48 am

Car(s): Roman Red 1965 Sedan, Mint 67 Sedan Auto, 1967 GT , 1.5x 1967 sedans, 1968 Deluxe Sedan, 1965 Wasp Ute (Resto project)
Mark

Bellett GT-R's are few and far between in Australia. Can probably count them on one hand. And then finding an original, well sorted one would be even more difficult.
The other issue is that Isuzu Sports in Japan have been making up clone GT-R's from late GT bodies for some time and there is a lot of discussion regarding whether these cars are genuine or not! or how you tell if they are as its real difficult unless you know.
Tom Amos from the Sydney club built up one and it was so good that only a Japanese Visitor who was judging the Bellett Nationals that year could say with certainty that it was a reproduction and not original.
There is a lot of discussion on the forum if you have a spare hour or 2 to read thru.

Isuzu Sports are asking somewhere around 30K for a rebuilt GT-R and no guarantee it is not a clone.

but you never know, one could just turn up that was imported and no one else knew about it.

Hope you are patient :)

OZ

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 am

Isuzu sports as oz said will be your best bet. I do disagree with oz on the fact of clones as Isuzus sports build replicas they will also tell you if it is a replica or the real deal. When I was in Japan a few months back they had a rebuilt type r with a price tag in the $40k but nothing was in need of doing. I wish you luck in the hunt ;) .

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:51 am

Car(s): PR95 PR20 WASP SWB NH Pajero Superchrged NT Pajero BF SR6 Falcon
Good Luck...... Hard enough to find a Bellett GT for sale, alas a GTR. Never any sold in Australia.
Import only.

Geoff

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am

Car(s): Toyoat Sport 800 (I own two)
I really appreciate everyone's help and support

Thanks!

Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]