View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
carpets 

Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
has anyone made up carpets to suit the gt ..I am keen to have a go any one been there done that I am onto the seats also .cheers davo

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:29 am

Car(s): 1967 bellett gt, wasp trayback , 2018 d-max 4x4 dual cab LSU, 2016 Focus, 1996 GQ Patrol
Davo, in my opinion it is not worth trying to save a couple of dollars on something like carpets. Everyone will see it and it needs to look good. It is also not that expensive to have done.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:36 am

Car(s): PR90, PR91, Teardrop Bellett Sedan, 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, 1975 HJ Belmont Ute,Yamaha YB100
carpets are easy as. just cut out paper templates until you have got it right. then cut out the carpet shapes. the only problem is if you haven't got the heavy duty sewing machine with a genuine walking foot on it you are not going to be able to sew the edging around each piece. there is some skill in getting the edging to look right when they go around corners but if you can get it done professionally for a few hundred dollars I think its worth the money. material cost would be about $100 and the sewing machine a few thousand dollars.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am

Car(s): '70 PR91,'69 PR20 x 2,'66 PR20,'65? KR20's x 2,'66 ? PR90,2012 d22 STR Navarra.
What I did was this. Went to an upholsterer who I knew didn't charge like a wounded bull.
I told him a list of things that I wanted to do. No big hurry. He re-did my seats. At the same time I
ordered the carpet from him and told him that I would cut it out and he was to put the bias binding onto it. This way he made a dollar on the carpet and was getting a job as well. At that time he didn't have high overheads and worked for himself. No staff.
Maybe you might be able to do the same.

Dave.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 am

Car(s): Doris, AuntyMary, Shrek, Jimmy; GT, Wasp, Flo & Sed unrestos; 65 Elf; 82 Rodeo, 60 TX550, 72 Sport, & a Sigma.
My local carpet place in Young do the blanket stitch overlocking in any weight of carpet for $6/metre. Not bad, you can cut the carpet to fit, then take it to be finished off. I am doing this with the Florian boot tomorrow.
Have fun,
Cheers, Matt.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]