Well, wow. The show, as I've said, was amazing.
The All Japan Day in SA would have as many cars, but the organisers there know that if they exclude modern vehicles; all those angry drift kids and the like, we just don't have the population to support it.
No such problems in Victoria thought! Every car was a winner! How about the Toyotas first?
This one was pretty good; looks like your regular RA40 Celica... but it's actually an MA46, which is 5 inches longer than a regular Celica and runs a 2.6 litre six cylinder (hence the extra length). Noticeably, it ran different lights and trim to the regular Celcia, but it didn't look too long despite the extra length.
The owner also sneakily stuck a JDM turbo and all the rocker cover stuff and everything, from another JDM Toyota. The guy made it look factory-as; it was brilliant.
Toyota Celica XX MA61 - 02.JPG
I love these S50 Crowns. This one is minty and slammed!
Toyota Crown S50 sedan - 01.JPG
I do love these AMI badges; they just make our Toyotas that bit more unique; although you could get that same badge on a Triumph and an AMC.
Toyota Crown S50 sedan - 03.JPG
This Toyota Sports 800 was awesome to behold; pity my photos didn't come out that good.
Toyota Sports 800 - 01.JPG
Toyota Sports 800 - 02.JPG
I was talking to the owner of this AE86 Group A Sprinter. He advised that not only was it a factory race car, but it was the 23rd Sprinter EVER built. I saw the chassis number. He wasn't kidding!
Toyota Sprinter Group A - AE86 - ex-Group A - 23rd Sprinter ever - 01.JPG
This TE27 Sprinter Trueno was awesome; apparently he knows Bellett owner Craig. What a little rocketship; 1600cc DOHC, but most importantly... bolt-on flares. Oh yeah. You know that's hot.
Toyota Sprinter Trueno TE27 - 01.JPG
Toyota Sprinter Trueno TE27 - 02.JPG
This guy rocked up late, but I'm glad he rocked up!
Check it OUT. He reckons it was a 1-family owner from new and had never been sprayed, although it had been sprayed. But look at it! I've literally seen one Tiara ever; it was the same colour but had more doors.
Toyota Tiara RT26 ute - 01.JPG
Wal was all over it.
Toyota Tiara RT26 ute - 03.JPG
HOW ARE THE LEADS?!?!?!?! Yazaki-brand... 1963. It's right there on the lead!
Toyota Tiara RT26 ute - 06.JPG
Inside, it was beautiful. 10 points to whoever finds how to turn the indicators on!
Toyota Tiara RT26 ute - 09.JPG
I think I've got to crash out. More photos in a day or two?:?
Cheers,
Dave