Can't find much yet, but here's one of the carbies after resto.
glenn
Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
-
Glenn
- Posts: 2826
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
- Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
- Location: Melb.
Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'72 PR60 Sport
-
Glenn
- Posts: 2826
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
- Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
- Location: Melb.
Re: Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
A few more of the GT which I started working on in 1992.
The engine was machined by a local (Berwick) race engine shop. They had never done one before of course and when I picked the bits up, told me I got a very good deal! They specialised in Commodore V6 racing engines at the time.
It has the usual Gemini rods and pistons and head shaved. Runs approx 9.4:1 CR I think. The shop did all the machine work and my Dad and I re-assembled it.
glenn
The engine was machined by a local (Berwick) race engine shop. They had never done one before of course and when I picked the bits up, told me I got a very good deal! They specialised in Commodore V6 racing engines at the time.
It has the usual Gemini rods and pistons and head shaved. Runs approx 9.4:1 CR I think. The shop did all the machine work and my Dad and I re-assembled it.
glenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Glenn on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
'72 PR60 Sport
-
Glenn
- Posts: 2826
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
- Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
- Location: Melb.
Re: Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
Pictures are a bit out of order until i figure this system out.
This is the Ad in The Age that started it all. I phoned the widow and went to see the car that night in a shed with no lights. Big mistake. I did have a torch but the car looked pretty good in the light. The Lady was asking silly money as you can see. This was about 1990 I think and her brother in law said "these cars are worth a fortune". I made an offer but it was declined. About 6mths later I tried again but nothing doing. Finally, after about a year, i rang her again and made what it thought was a better offer but still way over the odds for what people were paying for GT's at that time. This time, after ringing the b-in-law again she ok'd it.
Glenn
This is the Ad in The Age that started it all. I phoned the widow and went to see the car that night in a shed with no lights. Big mistake. I did have a torch but the car looked pretty good in the light. The Lady was asking silly money as you can see. This was about 1990 I think and her brother in law said "these cars are worth a fortune". I made an offer but it was declined. About 6mths later I tried again but nothing doing. Finally, after about a year, i rang her again and made what it thought was a better offer but still way over the odds for what people were paying for GT's at that time. This time, after ringing the b-in-law again she ok'd it.
Glenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'72 PR60 Sport
-
Glenn
- Posts: 2826
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
- Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
- Location: Melb.
Re: Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
Last one...LH guard made from two. The front of the original was rusted out in the top section. The spare one i had was rusted at the back !
The bonnet was rusted through at the leading edge and damaged also.
At the time I re-built this car, some new parts were still around at Cheney's in Dandenong. Also Barry H. was bringing in parts from Japan so a lot of new stuff, rubbers etc went into the build.
glenn
The bonnet was rusted through at the leading edge and damaged also.
At the time I re-built this car, some new parts were still around at Cheney's in Dandenong. Also Barry H. was bringing in parts from Japan so a lot of new stuff, rubbers etc went into the build.
glenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'72 PR60 Sport
-
1968GT
- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 am
- Car(s): 1968 PR91 Bellett GT. 2014 ISUZU MU-X, 2016 Jayco 22' Starcraft Caravan, 2013 KIA Reo shopping trolley!!
- Location: MUDGEE. NSW
Re: Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
GREAT info Glenn, I am interested in others you might have taken during the resto?
I have down loaded these ones.
You will see her again in Merimbula.
DM.
I have down loaded these ones.
You will see her again in Merimbula.
DM.
BELLETT GT, BELLETT SEDAN, MU-X, D MAX, or ANY ISUZU, or A FORD XR6 TURBO, Premium motoring!!!!
-
Glenn
- Posts: 2826
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 am
- Car(s): '72 Sport Bellett (imported 180912), M/B AMG A35, i30, had Belletts in past, 2 sed, 3 GT's.
- Location: Melb.
Re: Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
Not sure what else i can find, Dave.
As you can see though, the front is mostly early sedan, cleverely disguised as late GT !
glenn
As you can see though, the front is mostly early sedan, cleverely disguised as late GT !
glenn
'72 PR60 Sport
-
BULLITT
- Posts: 2419
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:03 pm
- Car(s): 1966 TEARDROP ...MANUAL ...
Re: Glenn's grey 68.5 GT, now with Dave in Sydney
bloody good job hard to believe its daves gem now well done glenn cheers davo by the way i rang the other add about bellett parts they said they sold the bits (joking ) well it was 1990 something cheers davo