My Florian has very rusty front wings and I think welding will be very expensive, so I'm looking for a pair of wings for a Florian or more likely from an early Chevy LUV. Does anyone know of a good used set of wings (and maybe a front valance too)?
Cheers - guards, that's the other word I was looking for! I've seen them on eBay, 1000 of your dollars for a set including shipping to the Netherlands... still, might be the least expensive option, I'll keep them in mind.
Or altrnatively, if you find the right crash repairer, they will do a great job for less than the original item. You and nobody will know the difference. That does'nt look too major,.
I'm trying to get some quotes for work on the guards and the (small) hole in the trunk where the spare goes - first quote was almost 3 times as much as getting guards from abroad... still I hope the others will quote less!
I was wondering if the ones from philsrotary were actually reproduction, read some negative comments about their reproduction lights and rubbers...
I think I'll go for used ones from the US anyway...
michiel wrote:I was wondering if the ones from philsrotary were actually reproduction, read some negative comments about their reproduction lights and rubbers...
I think I'll go for used ones from the US anyway...
My guess would be that the Ebay sellers panels would be reproductions. You would be better of importing used panels from the U.S. Try to buy from one of the dryer states in the U.S, Arizona etc. Dry desert areas with little rainfall, no snow and no salted roads equals no rust. Catmandu over at LUVTruck.com makes nice fiberglass valance panels also.