Tracy and I went for another drive on Sunday. We visited some nice bakerys, tried some great wines, bought a few to bring back, found a nice present for Tracy's Dad's birthday and stayed with some great friends who cooked us the best baked dinner. Fantastic!
And whaddyaknow? We got followed home!
20170926_095843.jpg
What a little beauty! It only has rust in the front of the bonnet, but in my shed is a perfect one. And its even red!
This is going to be an easy fixer upper.
They're out there! Matt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is far too short not to fill it with what you love. - Jackie French.[/size]
Yeah, thats true!
Dobby is getting there. Rear wiring is all done and conduited, and the boards are going in the tray today. Busy, busy busy, but even so, still gotta go for little drives when needed! Matt.
Life is far too short not to fill it with what you love. - Jackie French.[/size]
Now, thats better. A bit of a look over and everything is there. Just some of the bits are not attached, like the motor. I can't find any rust, even the top of the fuel tank is in great shape. I reckon a cut and polish will make a surprising difference.
20170927_063546.jpg
But not today. Today is Elf day, just like most days lately. Matt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is far too short not to fill it with what you love. - Jackie French.[/size]
Farmer wrote:Now, thats better. A bit of a look over and everything is there. Just some of the bits are not attached, like the motor. I can't find any rust, even the top of the fuel tank is in great shape. I reckon a cut and polish will make a surprising difference.
20170927_063546.jpg
But not today. Today is Elf day, just like most days lately. Matt.
tried starting it up?
I love those cars, ever since my Mum had one way back, near new.
Forgive my ignorance though, what years were they made. or available here.
LUV YOUR FIND,Matt,cut and polish will surprise,it's not Roman Red is it,how many Flo's came in and how many colours,anyone know.Think I've seen a set of those wheels on Donkey at some stage,Gerry
GerryBellettGT wrote: LUV YOUR FIND,Matt,cut and polish will surprise,it's not Roman Red is it,how many Flo's came in and how many colours,anyone know.Think I've seen a set of those wheels on Donkey at some stage,Gerry
Nah mate different to the ones I have. Mine are Bluebird rims
Donkey 5.jpg
My Jenny 004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1xB+1xE+2xL+1xE+2xT=BELLETT RUST isn't a crime www.gartdesign.com.au
Farmer wrote:Now, thats better. A bit of a look over and everything is there. Just some of the bits are not attached, like the motor. I can't find any rust, even the top of the fuel tank is in great shape. I reckon a cut and polish will make a surprising difference.
20170927_063546.jpg
But not today. Today is Elf day, just like most days lately. Matt.
tried starting it up?
I love those cars, ever since my Mum had one way back, near new.
Forgive my ignorance though, what years were they made. or available here.
glenn
Well, I would try starting it, but the motor isn't in there, nor the gearbox. But I have a motor in the shed which I think is good. Just have to start it up to check, then drop it in....sometime!
I think the first Florians came out December '68, the small tail light flat grille model. Soon after the big tail light model came out in '69 and were sold until GM stopped imports to Aus when they bought a third of Isuzu in 1970
I don't know how many were sold, but they were never common. Many Bellett people didn't like them because they didn't steer like a Bellett. Plenty were stripped of their 1600 motors to upgrade their Belletts, with the rest of the car disposed of.
Cheers, Matt.
Life is far too short not to fill it with what you love. - Jackie French.[/size]
NIce find mate, love the red florians (my first florian was red! & the florian my wifes pop had was red too!). The rims look like magna rims possibly? cant wait to see what you do with it!
I am "that" Florian guy.
never buy a car you cant push.
GerryBellettGT wrote: LUV YOUR FIND,Matt,cut and polish will surprise,it's not Roman Red is it,how many Flo's came in and how many colours,anyone know.Think I've seen a set of those wheels on Donkey at some stage,Gerry
Its not Roman Red, but pretty close. I reckon there is less black and a bit of purple in it, so its lighter.
Other colours I know of are white, grey, green like Griceys, polynesian blue like Alan's, (there were plenty that colour back in the day, Dennis had one, and a school mate of mine too) and I remember a lemony yellow like Andrew's Bellett.
I seem to think I've seen wheels like these on Geminis. They look not terrible, and would clean up ok.
Cheers, Matt.
Life is far too short not to fill it with what you love. - Jackie French.[/size]